Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Seriously?! I am pissed...who does this type of thing?

Posted by   + Show Post

Let me start at the beginning. My hubby works graveyard and my youngest was up puking all night ( Guess who else was up all night?) .  Hubby gets home and removes the wireless phones from our bedroom. Hubby,Bryce (8 yr old) and I lay in bed sleeping 'til about lunch time. My 11 yr old was at poppa's house and the 16 yr old can  fend for himself for a little while.(This is not  how things happen around here. I'm usually up doing things around the house/getting ready for work,cooking....etc)

Well, apparently one of my neighbors called my house a couple of times. Nobody answered....she left a message on my machine : "Hey,you guys. I need to take "Jessica" to the doctor,so I'm leaving "Ronnie" and "James" at your house. If you need me you have my cell number. Thanks."

Yup, I got up to 2 extra kids in my house. And this mom hadn't talked to me or hubby. Her excuse was that the 11 yr old told her it was okay!! (By this time Bri was here)

Before you guys start freaking out my oldest was keeping an eye on the EXTRA children that were at my house....he said he thought that we'd agreed to babysit. Like I'd be sleeping while supposedly doing that. Ugh! Why would you leave your children at somebody else's house without making sure it was okay? How did they know we were even home? devil mini devil mini devil mini

Am I right to be annoyed? As soon as she got home I marched over there and asked her if she was crazy. Her youngest is 5, her middle child is 8 and her oldest is 13 (the one that went to doc). And no it wasn't an emergency....

by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 1:23 AM
Replies (121-126):
coug7099
by Ruby Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I saw that when I read replies. I stick with miscommunication.

Did you set her straight when she returned? So that this won't happen again. I did not read all of the replies.

Quoting brandyblx:

My 16 yr old wasn't up when she dropped her kids off. He got up when he heard "new" voices in the house. He watched them because I was asleep. Nobody asked him to.

Quoting coug7099:

It sounds like a miscommunication. Your 16 year old accepted the kids without asking you. He watched them. It all worked out. I'd move on.

I am guessing that you have watched them in the past.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:07 PM

What does that have to do with anything? I still maintain that she shouldn't have dropped her kids off without communicating with me about leaving them. kiss miniAnd yes, I fussed at her...she is now pissed at me. Said she thinks our children shouldn't play together anymore.

Quoting coug7099:

Quoting brandyblx:

Quoting coug7099:

I am guessing that you have watched them in the past.

Josie.Grossie
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:08 PM

That is annoying.

Josie.Grossie
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:10 PM

I have not read through the replies. How did they get in? Do they have a key?

Momtogirls0823
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2012 at 4:15 PM

No, I would never do that.  I even call my mil when I need to leave my dd(s) with her unexpectedly.  In my opinion that was extremely rude.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2012 at 1:22 AM

After getting the 11 yr old to say he thought it was ok he let them in. And,yes Bri has been fussed at also. But like I said before it is still more the adult's fault than the little boy's.

Quoting Josie.Grossie:

I have not read through the replies. How did they get in? Do they have a key?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)