Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do you live where you live?  Do you like it or do you want to live somewhere else?  I live in a very small town in Northern MN on the North Shore.  The winters can be long sometimes but I love it here.  We live in a "Leave it to Beaver" kind of town where I can raise my children without fear.  I never have to worry about where they are or what they're doing... it's such a small town, everyone knows your kids.

Hockey mom to 2 boys

by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Replies (191-200):
itsm3
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 10:41 AM

i liked living in the west end of my city but i'm here in the east because of my mom.  she lives with me and has trouble with directions.  she knows where to go from here to work and her friends' house and i could never take that away from her.  if i moved out west, she wouldn't be able to get around. 

jbcmom
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM

I live in SC. We moved here because my dh's job moved here and we love it here.

JaydeesLaydee
by on Feb. 26, 2012 at 4:44 PM
I ask myself this question every day and have yet to come up with an answer. I was born here for one thing, but I don't like it. Cops are corrupt and nasty, etc...but I can't think of anyplace off hand that I particularly want to go or be either.
Zanny
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM

I am about an hour south of Tampa

Quoting 2jsplus3:

Quoting Zanny:

I grew up on Cape Ann, Massachusetts, and that is where my heart is...

I lived in the Mountains of Maine for 8 years, and HATED it...

Now we live on the West Coast of Florida, and we LOVE it!!

I live on the west side of FL. Northern panhandle. I love it here. My mom is also in western florida , but outside Tampa.

RmeWifey01
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:35 PM
I live where I do because the Army sent us here. I like TN so far. It's a little rainier than I prefer but not as cold as NY, NH, or KS.
lynettemommie4
by on Feb. 27, 2012 at 9:38 PM

i live here because of my family!

trevorsmom2
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Rose87 I live in Zolfo springs Orlando no way would I live there. Come on out for a visit about 2 hours away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
night.magic
by Chicken Nugget on Mar. 1, 2012 at 4:50 PM

I've been raised here all my life. Louisiana. I like the familiarity of it.

BEXi
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 4:50 PM

My family moved down here 13 years ago for a job opportunity. I love it here.

SuperPickle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I love where I live, mountains on one side, beach on the other. Its a small quiet town but close enough to Seattle for a night on the town. Weather is good, no "extremes" temperature wise. My little town gets FAR less rain than the surrounding areas beacuse we are in the rainshadow.

I grew up here and have no plans to leave, I am glad my kids get to live here too.

It is just all around beautiful here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN