Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do you live where you live?  Do you like it or do you want to live somewhere else?  I live in a very small town in Northern MN on the North Shore.  The winters can be long sometimes but I love it here.  We live in a "Leave it to Beaver" kind of town where I can raise my children without fear.  I never have to worry about where they are or what they're doing... it's such a small town, everyone knows your kids.

Hockey mom to 2 boys

by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Replies (31-40):
SevysMomma
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 3:51 PM

I did however just find out that the city I am in is rated the most dangerous in NH (although compared to other states NH as a total is one of the LEAST dangerous states) so that kind of freaked me out a little bit to hear. I would love to permanantly stay in NH but probably move to a different town.

momof1ngod
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 3:52 PM
I live in southern Virginia. Its a very slow paced state not fast like new York or pa which is where im from. My son will be able to go to school in peace and have a wonderful childhood living in the country.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommasaint

We live here because it's where my husband was raised and where my parents have lived for the last 10 years. Early in our marriage we moved several times for jobs and when DH had enough experience he got a job in this area. The town I live in is small, so I don't worry about the kids (as much), I can rely on my neighbors to help me out in a bind, and our families are only an hour away.

Rose87
1 mom liked this
Where in Central FL? I'm in Orlando and HATE IT!

I wish we could move :o(

Quoting trevorsmom2:

I love where I live in central Florida.

I live way out in the woods my son gets to see all kinds of wildlife
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennyTime
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 3:55 PM
What part. I'm in NW GA

Quoting abbysmommy429:

I love Atlanta!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 3:56 PM

We live in the town I was born and raised in.We moved from Atlanta (about 45 minutes from where we live now) where my husband is a Police Officer,when we found out I was pregnant with our daughter.We didn't want to raise her in the city and thought being closer to my family would be good for her.I don't care for where we live anymore,and miss the city.Here,it takes SO long to get anywhere.

mom2_3blessings
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Whew when you said leave to beaver I thought super small... Lol I'm in north pole Alaska and I love it the bigger city Fairbanks is 20 minutes away so it's not bad... Winters can be rough but the summers are amazing.

Quoting AngelNCO:

Haha! Love it!  No.... that's the town next to ours, haha.  Our town has 2000 people in it, so not super small.  The next town over is about 200 people and it IS scary, LOL.... your reply made me laugh : )  I've always wanted to go to Alaska.

Quoting mom2_3blessings:

Op your town is the type that's scares me the most ... It's the type where you think it's safe but everyone has secrets and small towns cover stuff up more and so much more easily.... I live in Alaska and its a moderately medium town.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmiesmommy1113
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:11 PM

This is where the Marines told DH to go. I don't like it. I hate this town. Been here 3 years. Can't wait to get out of here. It wouldn't be as bad if I had friends but I'm having a hard time finding anybody I click with and them not getting PCSd before we became good friends.

lchristianson5
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:11 PM

for now we live in Ft Campbell, KY, but my dh is reenlisting next month so I don't know where we are going from here, Hopefully we will be going to Ft. Shafter, HI or Ft. Jackson, SC.

danarae1976
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:13 PM

We live a couple hours from Yellowstone National Park in Montana.

We lived in Olympia, Wa and were living pay check to pay check and over 12 hours from home. 

We moved here because my hubby was offered a good paying job and we would be closer to our family.  We are now about 5 hours away. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)