Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Why do you live where you live?  Do you like it or do you want to live somewhere else?  I live in a very small town in Northern MN on the North Shore.  The winters can be long sometimes but I love it here.  We live in a "Leave it to Beaver" kind of town where I can raise my children without fear.  I never have to worry about where they are or what they're doing... it's such a small town, everyone knows your kids.

Hockey mom to 2 boys

by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Replies (41-50):
nicmain
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:13 PM
I was born and raised in the general area. I live vancouver, wa, only 15min from portland, or. I was raised in oregon. Between dh and i, our family is all between 4 min and 4hrs. I love the pacific nw. I am short distances from beaches, mountains, city life. Its nice, if you dont mind some rain :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustCJ
by Charlotte on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Small town in upstate NY.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jemmy
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:14 PM
I was born and raised here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaytee
by Platinum Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:17 PM
I live in St. Mary's County, Maryland! I dislike it, it's too damn expensive! I live here because it's where my family lives. I'd love to move to Ohio or South Carolina.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyanneW
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I live in Colorado.  In 2004 DH and I sold our house in Southern California and decided to move here.  Neither of us had a job but both found work in our field within a month.  I make good money working from home and we could actually live in any state we want at this point as long as I have an internet connection.  I doubt we will ever move. We LOVE it here!

smushy79
by Silver Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:18 PM

I live in Iowa, and I HATE it!! I am currently trying to get a job transfer to FL.

connie45
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Born and raised South Bay, Ca. I cant imagine living inland, makes me nervous! Plus we have a sailboat, so being at the ocean is a must.Flat and hot places are out too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2bella
by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:23 PM

We live in NY, about 50 miles north of Manhattan. I like it for the most part. We are close to everything, but not right in the city.

I could do without the NY winters, but this one hasn't been bad. I could deal with them if they were always this mild.

If I could move anywhere in the US, we would probably move to Southern Cali, but that won't happen for a while. My DH owns businesses that are all in NY so moving won't be an option for a long time.

JLo1486
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:24 PM
Can't wait to move back to Central Fl in May! Only for a year though. Then back to the stupid panhandle... O_o

Quoting trevorsmom2:

I love where I live in central Florida.

I live way out in the woods my son gets to see all kinds of wildlife
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JLo1486
by Gold Member on Feb. 24, 2012 at 4:25 PM
Yes, come to us!

Quoting smushy79:

I live in Iowa, and I HATE it!! I am currently trying to get a job transfer to FL.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)