Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

FIRST TIME MOM IN NEED OF SOME HELP!!

oh god i've been feeling like crap lately i'm 34 weeks preggo and i have  a tramendous head cold i dont know what else to do i went to the doctor and he said that i can take plain robitussin. I know being preggo you cant take a dam thing to help this but is there any way to reduce this pain. I have had the only lack of sleep. i drown my body is vicks vapor rub and cream, drink tea, room teparature water my mom tried black coffee with cinnamon and sugar of course not a lot of sugar or sweets cause i'm a borderline diabetic, i tried cool shower hot sits in the shower hope to sweat out something and to no avail i'm in so much pain any of you moms have any remdies to share please i would greatly appriciate it. i'm in so much pain it's unbareableCry
by on Feb. 20, 2007 at 4:11 AM
Replies (11-13):
SexyGrnEyez
by on Feb. 20, 2007 at 11:15 AM
Drink Chamomile Tea with some lime.  And warm baths ... bundle up and sleep it away.  Also rub some of the children's vaporub - - The Tylenol soothing rub.  It's not so greasy like the adult vaporub and it works well.
jamison8175
by on Feb. 20, 2007 at 11:22 AM
Geeze, I did got thru a little bit of a cruddy cold a few months back. I'm pregnant with my 2nd child so I've been thru this before. My doc gave me a list of things that I could take with the robitussin being one. I was able to take one that wasn't the plain old robitussin but I don't want to cause you any problems with your pregnancy so I'd go with the doc advice. One thing that did help me was a wet washcloth on my head or back of my neck. It just made he feel better. Oh yeah, use the Breathe Right nasal strips too! They really help open the passages so at least make it easier to breathe without the use of meds.
dhhaj
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2007 at 11:59 AM
I'm sorry you feel so crappy, I remember my cousin told me to use peppermint oil and you can rub it on your sinus cavities, and also on your temples.  This help me ALOT.
Hope this helps you to feel better soon!!Smile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN