Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

can fighting and yelling, effect an un-born baby?!

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2007 at 8:39 PM
  • 14 Replies
cause lately me and my boyfriend have been fighting, yelling, cussing at each other.
and i was just wondering if it could effect the baby.
im 27 weeks pregnant. and i know the baby can hear everything now. so im worried its going to come out....being scared of life....or sumthing.

HELP ME OUT!
by on Nov. 26, 2007 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nemiller
by on Nov. 26, 2007 at 8:40 PM
well i know that if you're getting stressed out while you fight (how can you not?), then it's affecting the baby.  i doubt, however, that the baby is really perceptive enough at this point to think, "oh, no, they're angry."  but for your blood pressure's sake, maybe take time outs when it gets that heated.  you won't solve anything with screaming and cussing...

amberstar77
by on Nov. 26, 2007 at 8:41 PM
It can definitely feel your raise in blood pressure...that is why many docters say to not over stress. It may cause the baby to come early, it is definitly not good for either of you.
an-angles-mom
by on Nov. 26, 2007 at 8:42 PM
yes it can in ways you dont know from your stress the baby can get stressed and you can cause your self harm in the prosess.. the baby hears everything and feels what you feel... and if your upset it upsets the baby too.. and when he or she is born the baby will have hard time sleeping and eating and sometimes have other issues due to the fighting but nothing that cant be fixed or helped ..
srfrbaybe
The stress you are putting on you and your baby can certainly affect your baby.  Why do you guys fight so much?  Is it somethin ya'll could talk about quietly?  As far as hearing, your baby knows the sound of your voice and your boyfriends, do you want it to think thats what his mama sounds like?  Just a thought!
mommyny6
i dont think your baby will come out scared but if you dont stop stressing you can def go into early labor so take it easy.,
masastan
by on Nov. 26, 2007 at 8:44 PM
Yes, the baby can feel your stress, anger, anxiety... You name it and it affects the baby in one way or another.  I have a friend whose dh (the most wonderful man for a expecting woman to be around!) only spoke to her in soft tones during all 5 of her pregnancies, even when he was angry with her.  All 5 of those babies were the most perfect babies...even now as teens, tweens, and young children, they are all calm and well behaved.  They are just...different and it's a good thing.  As hard as it is, you and your bf really need to TALK things out instead of yelling. Yelling and fighting does put stress on you AND the baby.
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 26, 2007 at 8:45 PM
Yes it can effect them. Also it causes stess in you which is not good for you or the baby !!

Only half the patients who go into an abortion clinic come out alive. ~Author Unknown

If it isn't a baby, then you aren't pregnant, so what are you aborting? ~Author Unknown

sherdare
by on Nov. 26, 2007 at 8:47 PM
It can cause your baby to be very nervous and jump at the slightest noise. Been there done that.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/lossofachild

A place for people who have lost a family member. Poetry contest will start start as soon as there is enough people. Date group started July 25, 2007

hailnbray
by on Nov. 26, 2007 at 8:48 PM
it does to a point, i dont think ur baby will come out with 3 eyes or hate u from day one but i went through alot with my daughter when i was pregnant and after she was born i always feel bad i killed the first year of her life w/ all my drama and when i would cry or get upset she did to i dont know when she was inside but she would move alot more then normal

My daughter has autism but she can laugh, cry, and love just like yours. she may never dress herself or eat from a spoon but she can go to college and become a dr. if she wants to. she may never make friends her own age but shes my friend for life. and please if u ever get the chance to meet my daughter, stop looking at her like shes a brat, she cant help her stairs or attitudes u can help urs. getting to close might get u bit but it wont give u autism     
dbush0584
by on Nov. 26, 2007 at 8:48 PM
Not only will the stress of fighting hurt you and the baby but I do think that it will effect it.  I am 33 weeks today and I know that when me and Tim fight she stops moving all together for a few hours and normally she is an active little bugger!  I feel like it hurts her.  I'm sure the same way it would if she were here.  Since they can already hear then I would say yes.  And I know...when me and Tim fight...it gets ugly...REAL ugly and I always worry about the same thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)