Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A vent about work...

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 7:07 PM
  • 0 Replies

I'm a CNA, my official title is SPA Aide. All I do is showers Mon-Fri 6:15am-245pm. I am one of two at my place of employment. The way the schedule works is I do 1/4 of the facility M W F and another 1/4 T TH. The other spa aide does the other half if that makes sense. Well her mother is currently very sick and she has called in the last two days. I totally understand things like this happen. My problem is my bosses don't call in extra help and they just expect me to do it all. It's damn near impossible. For the past two days I have busted my butt doing twice the work I normally do. Today I even stayed an hr and 15 minutes late. I'm 6 months pregnant, just downright exhausted, and in physical pain. I really don't even want to go in tomorrow. I think the thing that upsets me the most is when I am gone (the week I had shingles for example) no one picks up my slack. I came back and got to hear from nearly every single resident that they haven't had a shower all week. I don't pick up her slack as a favor to her, I generally care about the residents and feel if they are paying for quality care then they deserve quality care. But if a floor aide calls in we call in agency...why would they handle a spa aide calling in any different? I just know I can't do what I have the past two days again tomorrow. I just can't.

I generally LOVE my job but the last two days have been miserable.

Vent over.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN