Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who here went into marriage acknowledging divorce is not an option?

Posted by   + Show Post
What were your feelings when you married? Did you truly mean till death do us part?
I often feel DH and I are then only people who entered marriage believing divorce is not an option.
(I know things can happen and I would NEVER expect someone to stay in an abusive situation. It just seems that people are quick to throw in the towel without truly trying to make things work.)
So... What about you? Is divorce an option?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM
Replies (131-140):
Its.me.Sam.
by Gold Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 1:19 AM

i married with an intent to be together forever...but things happen..life happens and i would never say never.  if a relationship becomes unhealthy and unhappy i wont stay...vows be damned lol... its not fair to myself, my mate, nor my children.

Nyx7
by Gold Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 5:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I told hubby before we got married "I don't believe in divorce but I do believe in murder"

Kris_PBG
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 5:25 AM
Dh and I have never even had a conversation about divorce... It is not a thought we have ever entertained on any level.
pristine729
by Silver Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 5:26 AM
That's why I'm not married at thirty! Cause when I do, it's forever!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrz.Friedlander
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 5:28 AM

Quoting Chelliza1028:

Divorce is not an option for us. I told him I would never sign divorce papers and I meant it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 5:30 AM
I went into my first marriage with that attitude. I was pregnant so I felt like he had better stay around for ds. He beat the loving shit outa me later so I did leave him. I have brain damage because of it. Now. I do not believe divorce is not an option
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bannannagirl
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 5:32 AM
We went into marriage knowing that divorce is not an option. The way I see it is when you get married you are generally in the "honeymoon"/ "puppy dog" romance stage of love. Those romantic feelings can fade over time. But you still stay married to them. Instead of just marrying for romantic love make sure the person you are marrying is your best friend first. Because otherwise when those romantic feelings fade there won't be anything left in the relationship. I'm not saying that best friend relationships never end but they tend to last longer than just purely romantic relationships because they tend to be deeper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
artistmom889
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 5:34 AM

NOPE / We're both products of 'forever' marriages, so aggravated murder may be an option, (lol) divorce is not..We went into it in full knowledge that neither of us was perfect and we got what we asked for! (anyway, he knows that if he cheats I'll take my que from one Mrs Bobbit...."whack, slice!"just kidding, maybe.)

kimberlie45
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 5:39 AM

Both my husband and I went in agreeing that divorce was not a option and we have been married almost 26 years.  There have been bad times but more good times.  We even went on a Marriage Encounter weekend once due to problemsl.  My husband didn't want to go but I told him it was either that or divorce.  I don't think I would have actually gone through with it but it did force him to go and our marriage was better for it.  I recommend it to anyone. 

Candiceisamom1
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 5:48 AM
I believe it's always an option. Me and dh have our ups and downs and always pull through, but the option is always there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN