Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

well....... is this ok? Baby shower question...

Posted by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:38 PM
  • 35 Replies

i make gifts for baby showers... it's something i enjoy doing, what i make turns out nicely, and the mom to be always seems to appreciate my homemade gift basket full of uniquely designed stuff

well i have a baby shower in two weeks for a girl who was practically my little sister growing. She was my sister's BFF and practically lived with us... she had her own drawers and everything... we spent a lot of time together.... really like a little sister to me, even though we've lost touch

well on her FB baby shower invite that i just got a couple days ago, it says this

Oh && everyone coming to the baby shower.. Little helpful tradition... Everyone should bring a little bag of diapers from newborn-6 months please and thank you and I will be registering at target tomorrow going around scanning everything I NEED! Lol so make sure to get presents from there! (not that u have to get presents) but knowing your MY friends.. Even if I told u presents weren't allowed id get a shit ton of stuff. Lol I love you all :)

So, i can't buy her diapers..... every extra cent we have goes to saving for a house.... that also means i can't shop from the registry.

But as far as the diapers go, i'm going with my mom and sister, should i put my name on the box of diapers they get, or should i just forget about the diapers....

so group diaper gift, or no diaper gift at all????????

i'll still be making a gift basket for her, i just don't know what to do about the diapers

revengeSiggy

by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CanInTex
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Why not put your mom and sisters name on your gift and your name on their diapers and all chip in together?

That note is crazy tacky btw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh she sounds insanely entitled, I wouldn't even go :|

razmatazthespaz
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:42 PM

no, she's just had a rough go of things for the past few years, i imagine she's kinda freakin out and taking it out by being overly controling of this situation.....

Quoting parentalrights1:

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Just do a gift basket and leave it at that, if she is your friend then she will apreciate it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM

If you wish to get her something she puts on her registry go for it, but you certainly aren't obligated to, especially if you can't.

She really sounds like one of THOSE moms who will bitch about people not going on the registry, but she really... ugh. Her mother never taught her manners at all.

Just get her what you can. A gift is a gift and should be appreciated as such, but seriously... I wouldn't freakin' go lol.

proudmommy92
1 mom liked this
This- plus i hate when some asks for specific things.. idk it sounds greedy just the way she put it...

Quoting CanInTex:

Why not put your mom and sisters name on your gift and your name on their diapers and all chip in together?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
razmatazthespaz

thats not a bad idea, but my mom and sister will also be getting registry stuff i think.... so should i put my name and that too??? like one GIANT group gift from all of us??

Quoting CanInTex:

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this
Wow...someone needs a lesson in manners!

OP, I would just see if you could put your name on the diapers with your mom...I'm sure she'd have no issues with that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
parentalrights1
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM
2 moms liked this

She's instructing everyone on where to buy the gifts from and saying that she knows she'll get stuff even if she says for people not to. Freaking out or not, that's entitlement.

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

no, she's just had a rough go of things for the past few years, i imagine she's kinda freakin out and taking it out by being overly controling of this situation.....

Quoting parentalrights1:

CanInTex
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Yes!

Quoting razmatazthespaz:

thats not a bad idea, but my mom and sister will also be getting registry stuff i think.... so should i put my name and that too??? like one GIANT group gift from all of us??

Quoting CanInTex:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)