Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you had a baby born at 36 weeks

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:15 AM
  • 177 Replies
How much did they weigh? Any NICU time? We're they healthy? Why do you think you went into labor early?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Stephine4779
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:17 AM
bump

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:18 AM

my twins were 35 weeks, Damien was 4lbs 13oz and Ivy was 5lbs 8oz...no NICU or special care

MyStarLight
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:18 AM
I was full term 38weeks 4days
She weight 7lbs and 12.5oz
My daughter was in the NICU for a whole week :-(
She had pneumonia :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof6nokc
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM
36.5 weeks, 5 lbs, 5 oz
No complications other than jaundice which required home health.
He was induced early due to Rh incompatability issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skittlebeans88
by Traci on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM
Went at 35 weeks. She was in the nicu for two weeks because she wasn't eating all that she should've been. She weighed 4lbs 14oz. They had said she was just ready to come.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy92
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:20 AM
I had dd at 36 weeks.

I was high risk with short dynamic cervix. I had contractions at 23 weeks that waa stopped. I had on and off contractions all through out the weeks- i was in the hospital though so i was monitored.

I caught h1n1 during week 30 Ended on week 33.

That was hard.

I got steroid injections at week 24.

She was 7 lbs 10 oz. 21 1/2 inches long.

Full head of hair and could lift her head! Very strong!

She had a bit of jaundice and had an umbilical hernia. No nicu though =]

Shes 27 months old now.

ETA: she was stuck in my pelvis. So she did have a swollen forehead. I was having contractions for 5 full days- non stop that time. Every 10 mins. The dr wouldnt do anything - so no stopping it or trying to speed it up at that point since he was okay with her coming out. But by then they sent me home to wait it out. Worst fucking 5 days of my life! After the birth i did have a uterus infection which spread to my kidneys which gave me blood poisoning... so that was rough- but she was good surprisingly, she even green on her =[ when she came out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krayzbabylove
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:21 AM

Sophia was born at 36 weeks, my labor was 36 hours from start to finish, birth was a slow, natural, and wonderful hospital birth. She was 6lb 5 oz, and 19" long. She was born perfect, and healthy, only issue was bruising on her head from my pelvic bone which caused jaundice. No NICU time, we brought her home and wrapped her in a light blanket (literal light) and the jaundice cleared up. I dont think i went into labor early, my midwife told me that 36 weeks was considered full term. I do think that the guestimation of how far along you are can be off, and that is why some are born "early" and are perfectly healthy and fine, and others born at the same time, are not ok, and need NICU time.

crysta82
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:22 AM
I was 36 weeks, induced early due to placenta previa early in pregnancy. They said my placenta wasn't strong enough for full term. Miranda was born at 5lbs 15oz and a tiny 17 inches. No nicu time at all.
Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:22 AM
My neice was born at 35 weeks weighing 4lbs 8oz, zero NICU time. Never left her mom, went home with mom and dad and is fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasKat3
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM
have 36wks.
6.6 lbs. No nicu. The Dr. Said he would have an 8lb+ baby if he'd come at 40wks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)