Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

If you had a baby born at 36 weeks

Posted by   + Show Post
How much did they weigh? Any NICU time? We're they healthy? Why do you think you went into labor early?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
jacks_mommy11
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM

My son was born at 35 weeks. He was 5 pounds 7 ounces, 19 1/2 inches long. He was in the nicu for two days, one night. I had issues with my plateletts that I didn't know about until I was in labor, didn't even get it under control until my son was about 8 months old...I think it might have had something to do with early labor. He had respitory (sp?) problems...at least that's what my fiance says...The doctor's never told me exactly what was wrong (I was already freaking out enough haha) and he had jaundice REALLY bad for a while, but other then that he was perfectly healthy :) If I would've gone full term he would have been 10+ pounds according to my doctor. I had to deliver naturally (no drugs) because of my platelette issues, thank goodness he wasn't 10 pounds! lol

Cookie-kisses
by Platinum Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I had 3 babies @ 35 weeks  only in nicu first 12 hours-per state law.

1.  5.9 lbs
2.  6.7 lbs
3. 5.8 lbs

*not triplets --3 different births

brimi09
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:24 AM
My ds was born at 36 wks, weighed 9lbs 4 oz, no nicu no extra time in hospital.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandaTx79
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:25 AM
My son was born at 36.4. He was 8 lbs 4 oz. No nicu time. I had preterm labor from 33 weeks. I dont know for sure, but I think me going into labor early had to do with undiagnosed gestational diabetes (found out at 32 wks).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmencl3210
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:25 AM

I'm not much help, mine were born at 31 weeks and 37 weeks.

Sweety1018
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:26 AM
She was 6lb 5oz 20 1/2 inches long. Yes she was in nicu. Because they took me off my meds to stop my labor when I was 28 weeks I think could b they didn't find out I had debites till I was 35weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Embers88
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:26 AM
My ds was born at 36 weeks. He weighed 5lbs 12oz. No NICU time... he just recieved a bit of oxygen right after birth. Other than that he was perfectly healthy. I have no idea why I went into labor early, but I started nesting really bad two days before, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Audreysmommy123
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:26 AM
I had my youngest at 36 weeks..no nicu time.. i went into labor early because i had had my second child at 31 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TummyTurner
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:27 AM
Thank you everyone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atlshine
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 1:27 AM
4 lb 12 oz and he was in nicu 6 days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN