• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I would like to smack the sh** out of her!With edit

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:07 AM
  • 98 Replies
My 13yo DD that is. She spent the night at her bio dads last night and is acting like a little shit. She always comes back edgy and short tempered. Acts like she can't stand her sister. And gets mouthy with me.
I am seriously considering cutting his visits. He does not live in the area anymore. He drives truck for a living and will call the day before to see if he can see her. His mom is in the area so that is where he will stay. So there is no schedule to his visits. At first it was like every couple months but now it's every few weeks. It's just getting to be very disruptive to our lives. Anyone going through this?

Edit I have talked to my daughter and she told me that some of the problem is that when she visits she feels he is ditching her. A couple weeks ago she had spent a couple days with him and all he did was work on his truck. And she said this last time he has taken her with him to his friends bday party. She said they where there for three hours while he hung out with his friends.
I don't plan on totally cutting off visits. But I don't think it's good for her to go visit and feel like he is also ditching her at the same time. He has no parental rights. He signed them away a couple years ago when he moved across the country.i told her that if she ever don't want to visit when he is in town to let me know and I will tell him.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
whoda007
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:08 AM

BUMP!

harpsichord
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:10 AM

have you talked to him about this

jadsmummy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM
6 moms liked this
If she saw this post how horrible do you think she would feel? I get the need to vent but calling her a shit and saying you would like to smack the shit out of her is inappropriate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessiBell
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:11 AM
3 moms liked this

I know that for me and my sisters growing up, the transition going from one parents' home to the others was difficult, and I'm sure our parents thought we were acting like 'little shits' too. But its hard to transition, especially at that age when emotions and feelings are still hard to understand and deal with in the proper way.

I hope you get some peace soon though =)

Grumpylilpixy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:12 AM

She's going through puberty, she hates everyone equally. You included.. Cut his visits and if that is something she enjoys you are in for it.. Best of luck..

Ollie123
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Quoting harpsichord:

have you talked to him about this

I am going to. He is just hard to talk to. I don't want to cut off the relationship. I just want a little more consideration to her feelings.
Sammie0402
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM
6 moms liked this
Really, because you cant stand her after her visits, you'd consider cutting her time with her dad. You sound a little selfish. At least dad is trying, even if the time is not scheduled. Talk to dad and talk to DD about this behavior. Maybe that will help. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM

When it is that infrequent I do understand the change in behavior. I grew up in a divorced household but our visits were routine and both parents had the same standards for rules and running of house.   Dad was more active though so when we were there never really at the house.  I would get restless at moms since she doesnt do anything but sit at home when not working.

Ollie123
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Quoting jadsmummy:

If she saw this post how horrible do you think she would feel? I get the need to vent but calling her a shit and saying you would like to smack the shit out of her is inappropriate.

She won't see the post. I am just venting. I would never smack her I am just frustrated with her smart mouth. I love my girl!
RGladson
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:15 AM
That's an awkward age to be anyway, besides the transitions. Be patient. Cutting visits with her dad isn't the solution.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)