• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just added to ds's sticker board.. Do you think it will be effective? *cosleeping* UPDATE 1

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM
  • 29 Replies

Ds has crawled into our bed every night since the beginning of time.  He goes to bed ok, then middle of the night comes around and some how he ends up with us- my head pushed off my pillow and DH's legs pushed off the bed cause he sleeps like this / between us.  

Anyway tonight we added a new catagory to the sticker board (sticker boards are the best for DS).  If he stays in bed (wakes up there in the morning) two nights a week then he can get ice cream.  He is allowed to come into bed, but we will put him back...  We've tried just putting him back but he usually screams.  

If your kid co-slept how did you finally break him of it??  Do you think our method will be effective?  We are starting with 2 nights a week then plan to move up from there to 3 then 4 etc...  (PS ds is 4.5 so time to break him)

Update day 1:

I decided to update this until we get it down....  I think I'll be needing encouragement and advice as I do this :) 

So, last night DS woke up 3 times.  He went back to bed on his own twice, the third time from 1:30-2:45 I went back to bed with him.  I laid down with him and he finally went back to sleep....  But so did I :)  I ended up falling asleep in DS's bed.  Because he did sleep through the night in his OWN bed I decided to give him a sticker.  I didn't qualify me NOT sleeping in the bed.  I've re-qualified the reward after his sticker this morning that he has to sleep in it without me and we will be trying again tomorrow :/  I'm sooooooo tired!  :) 

Join us at   http://www.cafemom.com/group/116354

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Smcclellan7080
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:11 AM

My little guy turned 4 in December. He ends up in bed with us 99% of the time. Still trying to find a way to break him of it.

.betty.white.
by bilf on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I'll let you know if this works...  Sticker boards always fix anything behavioral with DS immediately but this isn't exactly behavioral KWIM?  Plus I don't want to reward/punish him for coming in if he is scared but we are at a loss of how to break it as well :/

Quoting Smcclellan7080:

My little guy turned 4 in December. He ends up in bed with us 99% of the time. Still trying to find a way to break him of it.

jadsmummy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM
He is 9 months I have no clue how to get DS out of our bed when the time comes. When you find something that works let me know :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mstkn.identity
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Bump.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smcclellan7080
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I'll look forward to your update. Mine is unfortunately not sticker motivated. There are days he's nothing motivated. lol. 

Quoting .betty.white.:

I'll let you know if this works...  Sticker boards always fix anything behavioral with DS immediately but this isn't exactly behavioral KWIM?  Plus I don't want to reward/punish him for coming in if he is scared but we are at a loss of how to break it as well :/

Quoting Smcclellan7080:

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM

we dont break them, we do a family bed...our twins are 6 and we all sleep in two beds pushed together in the master bedroom, ss sleeps on the couch mostly but is welcome in our bed anytime

MTATMA
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this
My son is 4 and now sleeps in his room 4 to 5 days a week. He sleeps better in my room for some reason. Give it time, just think one day they will not want to be in the same house as you. Enjoy it while it lasts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.betty.white.
by bilf on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Aw thats nice :)  

I'm ready to break him of it ;)  

Quoting shivasgirl:

we dont break them, we do a family bed...our twins are 6 and we all sleep in two beds pushed together in the master bedroom, ss sleeps on the couch mostly but is welcome in our bed anytime

1likeme
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM
We have the night invaders too. I never thought of putting that on their sticker charts. I am going to have to add this to the list.
allornone
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM
Our oldest dd was five when we had dd2. Dd1 said this baby wakes me up and I am tired of having her cry. Problem solved....Now dd2 is 5 and plays musical beds. She starts in hers, goes to dd1 bedroom. About 4 ish she comes to our bed. Dh leaves at 4:20.
Oh and if the great dane is in bed she has to kick her out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)