• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG kill me now and put me out of my misery...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM
  • 13 Replies

lol

I went to the gym today and hit it HARD for the first time in...five years? lol I'm in so much pain right now, I can barely walk and I feel it in my bones! OUUUUCHHHHHHYY :( But I have a question...since I'm SO SO sore, should I still work out tomorrow or should I rest? I really don't want to stay home because I'm trying to lose weight and my goal is to go to the gym every day but if I'm this sore, will I hurt myself? I was thinking of just walking the treadmill for about 30 minutes. That should be okay, right?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.betty.white.
by bilf on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM

Eat a banana!  They always say that works for the soreness!  Hugs :) 

Smcclellan7080
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this

If it's been 5 years, I would suggest you do it everyday BUT start slowly. You're not going to do yourself any good if you get injured.

lovebeingmrs
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:15 AM
Make sure you stretch before and after
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sammie0402
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Go back. That's how I was, but now I am glad I pushed myself so hard. I've gone the last 4days in a row, and today I am sore from my leg workout, but tomorrow I will go again, and do upper body. Alternate your days with lower body one day and upper the next. That way your muscles get feast in between.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fields456
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Eat something with potassium or take some potassium. Or drink pickle juice so there is no muscle craping
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MultiPara
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:17 AM

rest a day or two to allow your muscles to gain "muscle memory". If you go every day it will not be good for your body.

lexiandelismama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Yeah I think that's my problem, today was my first day and I went hardcore. Like...sprinting on the treadmill for 45 minutes, weights and crossfit type stuff. I think I overdid it. Not doing that again for awhile lol

Quoting Smcclellan7080:

If it's been 5 years, I would suggest you do it everyday BUT start slowly. You're not going to do yourself any good if you get injured.

Smcclellan7080
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:20 AM

Sounds like it to me. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.

Quoting lexiandelismama:

Yeah I think that's my problem, today was my first day and I went hardcore. Like...sprinting on the treadmill for 45 minutes, weights and crossfit type stuff. I think I overdid it. Not doing that again for awhile lol

Quoting Smcclellan7080:

lexiandelismama
1 mom liked this

Ohh okay I did mostly lower body today so I'll do upper body tomorrow. Thanks!

Quoting Sammie0402:

Go back. That's how I was, but now I am glad I pushed myself so hard. I've gone the last 4days in a row, and today I am sore from my leg workout, but tomorrow I will go again, and do upper body. Alternate your days with lower body one day and upper the next. That way your muscles get feast in between.

lexiandelismama

Thank you :)

Quoting Smcclellan7080:

Sounds like it to me. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.

Quoting lexiandelismama:

Quoting Smcclellan7080:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)