Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

rude nurse

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM
  • 51 Replies
Dd has been sick since Friday morning with a fever ranging fron 101.3-102.5. Well she woke up this morning with a sore throat and a nasty deep dry cough. So I decided to take her to her doctors to get checked for strep throat. They are open from 1-4 on weekends.

So we walk in the office and check in. There is a sign that say if you have a cough ask for a mask. So I get one for dd (who is 6 yrs old). I explain to her why she needs to wear it. She says okay and puts it on. Say it bothers her chin but leaves it on.

We get called to a room and the nurse is asking me all the standard questions and than say well let's go weigh you. Dd say can I take this mask off and the nurse replys with "no I don't want to get sick and than have to miss work.." she is no smiling and it is not a joking voice. She than tells dd when we get back in the room you can.

So they leave come back and dd says now can I take it off. The nurse says very rude "yes but than your mom has to pick your sticker at the end so you don't spread germs"

Her whole attitude was just rude...done venting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.betty.white.
by bilf on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like she didn't want to get sick...  Or get others sick.  I hope your DD feels better but I get where the doc/nurse is coming from...  Imagine working in a place like that exposed to germs all the time :( 

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:19 AM

When I had my first son and they said that there was too much scar tissue to deliver naturally,I was complaining about not wanting a csection,one of the nurses said"Well,that is what happens when we spread our legs and have a baby at 14!"

I never saw her again.

rawzle
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:22 AM
*bitch slap*

Quoting laranadtony:

When I had my first son and they said that there was too much scar tissue to deliver naturally,I was complaining about not wanting a csection,one of the nurses said"Well,that is what happens when we spread our legs and have a baby at 14!"

I never saw her again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting rawzle:

*bitch slap*

Quoting laranadtony:

I never saw her again.

I did not have to say anything.

Dr Souma's head popped up and she told her to leave the room.

Going to see Uncle Kracker May 8th!YAY!
AF2011
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM
Maybe she was having a bad day and just took it out on you and your dd.

I was getting my first pap done and I was really scared because I didn't know what they were going to do and some random lady was going to look down and touch my va jj. She told me 'if you can open your legs and let a guy look down there and touch you can let me'
I almost kicked her in the nose
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AtillaTheHun
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:24 AM

I´d complain about her. This is by no means an appropriate way to speak to a patient, regardless how old this patient is. Call the office and ask to speak to the office manager, or whoever is in charge regarding the staff. 

QueenBof6
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Wtf???

Quoting laranadtony:

I never saw her again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyof2wa
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:27 AM
I understand that she didn't want to spread the germs or get sick...it was just the very rude additude when talking to a 6 yr old. She is just a kid and had never had to wear one of those mask...and dd ended up not having strep..she just has a virus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
midjet117
i agree. She had no right to treat your daughter like that

Quoting AtillaTheHun:

I´d complain about her. This is by no means an appropriate way to speak to a patient, regardless how old this patient is. Call the office and ask to speak to the office manager, or whoever is in charge regarding the staff. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3LittleMonstrs
4 moms liked this
When we go to the Dr we get a mask if their coughing. And then the nurse and Dr will come in with masks on so they don't get it and my child will then take her mask off. The nurse was definitely rude if she doesn't want to get sick and miss work then she probably shouldn't be a nurse imo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)