• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well you're just RUDE

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM
  • 12 Replies

My sister, ugh. Today I was telling her about trying to lose weight and how I've been gaining weight since I've been breastfeeding, and she said "Well, you're only going to be breastfeeding for another month, right?" When I told her no, I would be breastfeeding until Elijah was ready to stop she acted like such an idiot. Telling me I'm nasty, that he's too old, that I should have stopped when he has teeth- then practically begging me to just "knock that off". WTF and she is TTC right now ugh. It seems like the older Elijah gets the more and more people are harassing me about stopping! 

What I don't get is why other people are always SO concerned with how long anyone breastfeeds...like seriously how does it affect you and why does it matter?!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:37 AM

You may be over compensating calorie wise and that is why you arent able to lose weight.  Also remember not to starve yourself, that will not help lose weight either.  I was an extended nurser as well.  No one really bothered me about it though.  I had support of in-laws, step children, etc.  My parents didnt understand it but they didnt judge either.

lexiandelismama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:44 AM

From what everyone is telling me I think it's not eating enough that's the problem. It's totally normal for me to go all day and eat just a banana and a sandwich or something. It's not intentional, I'm just so busy I don't think about stopping to eat or I just don't feel hungry. I guess my body is just hoarding everything so what I do eat is sticking to me like glue lol. I have a doctor's appointment next week to test my thyroid and talk about a nutrition plan to help me lose the weight without impacting my supply. I've gained 35 lbs since I had my son, he's 11 months old.

Quoting frndlyfn:

You may be over compensating calorie wise and that is why you arent able to lose weight.  Also remember not to starve yourself, that will not help lose weight either.  I was an extended nurser as well.  No one really bothered me about it though.  I had support of in-laws, step children, etc.  My parents didnt understand it but they didnt judge either.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:49 AM

Yup sounds like your body is in starvation mode.  What i did was I would drink a smoothie while nursing DD so that it was a nutritious beverage while she was having her meals/snacks.  An easy one is Banana, strawberry yogurt and pineapple juice.  If you do not want any dairy, put frozen strawberries instead of the strawberry yogurt.

DamianaFire
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:51 AM

You will lose the weight.. I think it is wonderful that you are BFing still.. and Please dont listen to your sister (or anyone) BF that little one as long as you & he wants to.  You are doing what is best for your baby, and that is what you are supposed to do.  Your sister might be jealous that you have your little one to BF and she is still TTC..   enjoy it while you can.. they grow up so fast..

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:53 AM

It does not matter how long you breastfeed your son Elijah and no it does not effect me. There is nothing wrong with you letting Elijah decide for how long he wants to breastfeed for. 

kissesxoxo8882
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

how long did you bf your oldest

harpsichord
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:56 AM

confused

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

It does not matter how long you breastfeed your son Elijah and no it does not effect me. There is nothing wrong with you letting Elijah decide for how long he wants to breastfeed for. 

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:01 AM

What are you confused about? Those were my opinion answers to her questions in the post. 

Quoting harpsichord:

confused

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

doodasmomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM

Just ignore them. Or bombard them with facts. That's always fun. I'll tell you a funny one my sil told me when she was pregnant. Ds was around 15 or 16 months. She told me I would need to quit before her kid was born because he would smell my milk and want it. That had to be the dumbest reason I have ever heard.

lexiandelismama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:03 AM

okay general "you" lol

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

What are you confused about? Those were my opinion answers to her questions in the post. 

Quoting harpsichord:

confused

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)