• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Holy cow!!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:46 AM
  • 10 Replies
Hubby just ordered new wheels($90) barings ($56)and nuts ($2.50)for our daughter's Skates plus I paid $75 ($25 for each of our 3 that skate) for our contest in 2 weeks. Now of course after we already ordered one set my 5 year old's coach says she could use new barings lol! At least her's are less because she's only a begginer. I just hope my older daughters show up this week so she can practice on them before the contest
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:57 AM

Wow didnt realize bearings were so expensive.  I never owned skates.  I always just rented when i went to rink LOL.  I am debating on introducing DD to roller skating or ice skating or not just for fun on weekends.

LCWAmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:02 AM
Well it depends On what kind of skating you do 3 of my girls figure skate and their stuff gets expensive luckily the 2 little ones can wear hand me down skated from the coaches daughters for a while which is great because their feet grow like crazy. We just buy th wheels and bearings. My son skates for fun at session skates and during the girls lessons and his skates where only $70 total.
My oldest hates skating but she's in the school band( marching band next year!) kids make me poor!

Quoting frndlyfn:

Wow didnt realize bearings were so expensive.  I never owned skates.  I always just rented when i went to rink LOL.  I am debating on introducing DD to roller skating or ice skating or not just for fun on weekends.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Haha  I was in school band from 2nd grade or 3rd grade until 6th grade.  I just gave away my flute to a local girl who is in her middle school band and couldnt afford to buy her own.

LCWAmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:09 AM
My daughter plays the flute too lol she is in 8th grade now and has been playing since 5th. Next year is high school (gulp) and I forsee many cold night sitting in the stands at football games lol

Quoting frndlyfn:

Haha  I was in school band from 2nd grade or 3rd grade until 6th grade.  I just gave away my flute to a local girl who is in her middle school band and couldnt afford to buy her own.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:12 AM

Flutist (sp) unite !!   LOL  better get a good warm scarf in the school colors as well as a warm coat and possible stadium blanket.  Nice to see kids who still like playing in the school band.  So far my dd is more interested in the piano realm of instruments.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

My daughter plays the flute too lol she is in 8th grade now and has been playing since 5th. Next year is high school (gulp) and I forsee many cold night sitting in the stands at football games lol

Quoting frndlyfn:

LCWAmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:15 AM
Luckily we live in southern ca so it's not too bad though we may have someone watch the littler kids some of the time because I can't see them sitting through an entire football game every weekend. My daughter found a shitton cage press that says "flute ninja" she wants it lol
Quoting frndlyfn:

Flutist (sp) unite !!   LOL  better get a good warm scarf in the school colors as well as a warm coat and possible stadium blanket.  Nice to see kids who still like playing in the school band.  So far my dd is more interested in the piano realm of instruments.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCWAmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:32 PM
Well that's a whole lot of fail! "shirt on cafe press!"

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Luckily we live in southern ca so it's not too bad though we may have someone watch the littler kids some of the time because I can't see them sitting through an entire football game every weekend. My daughter found a shitton cage press that says "flute ninja" she wants it lol
Quoting frndlyfn:

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:16 PM

I hope that they win in the contest. 

LCWAmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:51 PM
Aww thank you! The little ones probably won't place at all they can't do all the tricks yet but it's good practice for them an it's just a local competition plus everyone will cheer for them because they are tiny and adorable lol

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Your welcome

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Aww thank you! The little ones probably won't place at all they can't do all the tricks yet but it's good practice for them an it's just a local competition plus everyone will cheer for them because they are tiny and adorable lol

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)