Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dry cough..no fever..no boogies! ugh.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM
  • 8 Replies
My 2 year 9 month old dd just started this weird sounding cough. I have never heard anything like it before. It almost sounds like there is phlem (sp?) Stuck way down but nothing comes up when she coughs. I am scared bc it sounds barking. I don't think she has whooping cough bc she doesn't have a fever or cold. If she still sounds like this in the morning I might be taking her to the immediate care center.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommaofemma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:17 AM
Please? Anyone
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsKristinB
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:24 AM

is it really dry in your house. If you're in a state or place where your furnace is running, it might be because of that.  If so, dampen a towel and hang it over her door, that should help. 

Hope the lil gal feels better!

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:25 AM

I hope that she feels better soon. 

Uhura
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:27 AM

I'd take her in because it could be a number of things. The first that comes to mind is allergy-triggered asthma, because that's what my cough sounds like.

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers 

mommaofemma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:46 AM
She coughed so hard she threw up. I feel horrible. My worst fear is that I bring her in and they don't do anything for her!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:51 AM

I would take her in with the vomit inducing cough.  She probably has drainage and you just dont realize it.  Whooping cough seems to be running rampant these days.  If anything they may be able to find a child safe suppressant or some kind of home treatment you can do.  Rather be safe than sorry with young children and coughs.

mommaofemma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:00 AM
I just went to webmd and went to the symptom checker and Laryangitus...sorry I can't spell it lol it came up. Horse voice cough raspy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Ugh.  I think that has a medication to help but maybe not.  If your child doesnt have any food allergies, you can try giving them a teaspoon of honey for the cough.  It is a natural antibiotic and soothes throat at same time.  It has to be raw 100% honey though. I am not sure if region matters in this case.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)