Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The meaning of Easter...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:10 AM
  • 6 Replies

Is that a bunny comes along and lays these colorful little eggs;)

Daddy's out of town, so we're keeping busy... any fun Easter/St. Patty's Day (kid) craft recommendations?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:19 AM

that is very cute.  Did you look on the various childrens sites for ideas?  DD just had dr seuss week and one craft they did was from red fish blue fish...... You decorated a paper fish (red or blue) with tissue paper crumpled up and glue to the fish...... Maybe you can adapt that to easter/spring/st pattys day.  One craft for st pattys is make a pot of gold and a rainbow.  Maybe make a leprechauns hat as well for the child or mommy to wear.

MsKristinB
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:22 AM

maybe a Spring tree?  We take a branch off our apple tree and hang spring-y type things off of it.  Put the branch in water and it'll start to grow leaves. :)  We've done it since I was a little girl.  :)

CatosMa
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:23 AM
Good ones... We'll probably be using some of these ideas! Not sure I'll be wearing a leprechaun hat around though;)

Oh rainbows- how could I forget about the rainbows/St. Patty's day?

Quoting frndlyfn:

that is very cute.  Did you look on the various childrens sites for ideas?  DD just had dr seuss week and one craft they did was from red fish blue fish...... You decorated a paper fish (red or blue) with tissue paper crumpled up and glue to the fish...... Maybe you can adapt that to easter/spring/st pattys day.  One craft for st pattys is make a pot of gold and a rainbow.  Maybe make a leprechauns hat as well for the child or mommy to wear.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this

You can just wear it around the house for dress up time.  Yes you know the story. At the end of a rainbow you will find a pot of gold.  Find the pot of gold and you will find a leprechaun and then he/she will have to grant you a wish.

Quoting CatosMa:

Good ones... We'll probably be using some of these ideas! Not sure I'll be wearing a leprechaun hat around though;)

Quoting frndlyfn:

CatosMa
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh fun! We'll try that too!

That also reminds me of something I did in pre-school... We glued a limb on a peice of paper... And then made popcorn and clued it around the limb to look like little blossoms (while eating popcorn)...

Quoting MsKristinB:

maybe a Spring tree?  We take a branch off our apple tree and hang spring-y type things off of it.  Put the branch in water and it'll start to grow leaves. :)  We've done it since I was a little girl.  :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CatosMa
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:30 AM
Maybe we'll do a little scavenger hunt! I just remembered that my first grade teacher did that for us... (there was a pot of chocolate gold coins at the end of it... For the class to share!) my son is just shy of 2, so I'll have to switch it up a bit... :)

Quoting frndlyfn:

You can just wear it around the house for dress up time.  Yes you know the story. At the end of a rainbow you will find a pot of gold.  Find the pot of gold and you will find a leprechaun and then he/she will have to grant you a wish.

Quoting CatosMa:

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)