Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this sound healthy?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:40 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this
I recently started hormonal therapy for a medical condition I have. Since being on them I've been packing on some body fat, and have been eating horribly. Anywho, I saw a Naturopath who recommended eating Paleo; but I got sick from eating no complex carbs or wholegrains. So I tweaked it a bit, and wanted to get some opinions.

Breakfast: 3/4 cup of bran flakes with macadamia and honey oat clusters.

Snack: Mango and orange smoothie with diluted coconut milk, chick pea protein, LSA and ice.

Lunch: Boiled quinoa in vegetable broth; with crushed tomatoes, winter squash, mushrooms, olives and smoked oysters.

Snack: Strawberry yoghurt and fresh blueberries. Handful of seeds and nuts.

Dinner: Grilled steak with no fat, mashed pumpkin and steamed vegetables with wholegrain mustard.

Treat: Lemon popsicle or a small bowl of sorbet.

Thoughts anyone?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
angeleyes16
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:43 AM

bump

hellokittyy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:43 AM
sounds healthy
mamaof2angles
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:44 AM
That sounds good to me yoive hit all groups and sounds like your cooking healthy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DejaVooDoo
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:50 AM
I used to cook healthy all the time before I got sick. But since starting therapy I realise I need to do it again. The menu I'm doing for this one is different from my last, but I hope it will improve my energy levels :)

Quoting mamaof2angles:

That sounds good to me yoive hit all groups and sounds like your cooking healthy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winterglow
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:50 AM

It's on the low side for dairy. It also looks like it would be expensive.

GaBrIeLlEsMaMa
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:57 AM
1 mom liked this
I would sooo eat it all (minus the oysters..yuck) lol if I knew what half of it was..but it sounds good..I think.. It doesnt have the words "chicken nuggets" or "extra bacon" in it so it must be healthy..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DejaVooDoo
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:59 AM
I don't eat much dairy. I have a low tolerance to it, so only have small amounts. My kids also don't eat any a they have Chrohns Disease. So calcium usually comes from vegetables.

I buy veg in bulk. Same as quinoa, grains, nuts and seeds. They come directly from wholesaler markets. I think the most I've paid for everything combined was $ 20 for a weeks worth of food (minus the steak).

Quoting winterglow:

It's on the low side for dairy. It also looks like it would be expensive.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DejaVooDoo
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:02 AM
LOL @ the oysters. I hate raw ones, they resemble snails. But I do like the smoked ones.

Quoting GaBrIeLlEsMaMa:

I would sooo eat it all (minus the oysters..yuck) lol if I knew what half of it was..but it sounds good..I think.. It doesnt have the words "chicken nuggets" or "extra bacon" in it so it must be healthy..lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whoda007
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:08 AM
1 mom liked this

My thoughts are I want to eat at your house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)