Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

two debates between dh and I...

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM
  • 32 Replies
#1. We just moved to Irving texas. And since we've been here(today is the second sunday) I havent went to church because I havent visited any churches over here by our apartment. So I told dh last night the kids and I were going to visit a church today and he got a lil irritated and said thats not the way youre suppose to do things. You dont just visit every church until you find the right one. And that it was silly that I felt like I needed to be in a church to praise god. Now how else do/did you find your church? We have no friends or family here.

#2. Our kids wake up at 7am here and he wants to make them go back and lay in there beds until he wakes up. But I dont feel like they should have too. Because I am always already awoke just still lying in bed with him. So I just get up, feed them, go to the bathroom, put on outside clothes, take the dogs outside, and then come back in to take a shower and wash the kids after I load the dishwasher. But he said I undermised(sp) him in front of our kids. Cause I said "its ok bay im up." When he tried to tell dd1(3.5 yrs old) to go lay back in her bed. But she was sick yesterday so when I heard her say she was hungry I jumped up lol. But do you think I did undermise him in front of her? Cause if i did I need to apologize because I was wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jamiesmomma98
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:47 AM
To answer #1 that is the only way you are going to find a church. You should visit each church a few times to make sure it OS the right one. Way to go you wanting to find your family a church home in a new town.

#2 I always got up when ds got up. He is 13 now so I usually wake before he does. Lol teenangers they will sleep all day. So no I don't think you were wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kemmerer411
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:50 AM
I think you were right on both accounts!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM
I don't think you where wrong. That's how it is with church. You can't just be expected to love the first one you go to. Tell him to quit being a meanie lol

Why did yall move down here? Im not too far from yoi
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Agreed.

Quoting kemmerer411:

I think you were right on both accounts!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicsmama09
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:52 AM
You Are right both pts
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:52 AM
1 mom liked this
1) how else are you supposed to find the right church? You don't need church to praise God but you need the right one for fellowship and learning.

2) I don't see how that undermines him and I think everyone staying in bed until he gets up is bizarre.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwaystheresa
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you. Is you should visit a couple of churches to find the right one. And I always get up when my DD get up. So does DH. Sometimes if she is quietly playing in her room we just letter its when she starts fussing is when we get up. And my SSs always (6 and 10) wake up before us so they know to play quietly as well. Your DH just needs to suck it up. You cant send a 3 year old back to bed when they wake up ist not like she is waking up at 5am its 7.

luvmykids08_10
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Lol. We moved down here because we wanted a fresh start and away from both our families. But mainly for his school and work. Where are you? We're off park grove.

Quoting sandra_t00:

I don't think you where wrong. That's how it is with church. You can't just be expected to love the first one you go to. Tell him to quit being a meanie lol

Why did yall move down here? Im not too far from yoi

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM
#1 - I think is the best way to find a church that is a good fit for you. That said, I also agree with DH that you don't have to be IN a church to worship God but if you feel you need to be, he needs to support that. #2 (mobile, can't make paragraphs) I think you did undermine him. DH does it to me all the time and it drives me crazy. If he said to go back to her bed, you should have backed him up. The message to DD was forget what Daddy said, Mommy is getting up with you. However, if DD was sick yesterday and was hungry, then yes, she should've been fed and in that case, he should've been more understanding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmykids08_10
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM
He said he's not done holding his wife. But hell how long did he think I was going to lay in bed knowing my kids are awoke and hungry?

Quoting quickbooksworm:

1) how else are you supposed to find the right church? You don't need church to praise God but you need the right one for fellowship and learning.

2) I don't see how that undermines him and I think everyone staying in bed until he gets up is bizarre.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)