• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i make enchaladas?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:42 AM
  • 12 Replies
i have the shredded chicken. i know i need cheese and tortillas. how do i make that sauce?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Helpful hint: Frying the tortillas for 10 seconds on each side in a few inches of fry oil will prevent them from getting soggy and falling apart after they are cooked.

CountryGirl0809
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I buy the sauce in the can. When I cook the hamburger I put onions and chili peppers in it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
morrigan914
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:55 AM
From what I remember, we bought dried red chilies (I can't remember the type, but they were large), soak them to rehydrate them (I think you boil them, but I honestly can't remember), remove stems and seeds, put in a food processor, pour through strainer to remove impurities, return to food processor, add spices and viola! I remember this took forever.

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:56 AM
idk, I only know how to make Mexican enchiladas, not Tex-Mex

bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monise78
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:58 AM
This or buy the canned let it heat up and some garlic

Quoting morrigan914:

From what I remember, we bought dried red chilies (I can't remember the type, but they were large), soak them to rehydrate them (I think you boil them, but I honestly can't remember), remove stems and seeds, put in a food processor, pour through strainer to remove impurities, return to food processor, add spices and viola! I remember this took forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
This is my recipe for sauce:

Enchilada Sauce1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon minced onion
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/4 cup salsa
1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups water
Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the onion, oregano, chili powder, basil, ground black pepper, salt, cumin, parsley, salsa and tomato sauce.
Mix together and then stir in the water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
morrigan914
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:05 AM
Quoting Monise78:

I buy the canes stuff now, lol. But I always check the ingredients and make sure chilies is one of the main ingredients, not tomatoes.

Monise78
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:12 AM
Lol right.

Quoting morrigan914:

Quoting Monise78:

I buy the canes stuff now, lol. But I always check the ingredients and make sure chilies is one of the main ingredients, not tomatoes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hot_Badonkadonk
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:12 AM

I make the easiest chicken enchiladas and everyone raves over them.

I cook and shred the chicken on the stove top and put taco seasoning on it with some water (just like tacos). Mix sour cream and cream cheese together in a bowl. Spread the mix on the shells. Put the chicken in the shells and wrap up.

In the bottom of the casserole dish pour a little bit of salsa to cover. Place enchiladas in a row until dish is full. Pour more salsa over them and sprinkle cheese. Bake for 30 minutes.

mommy2b39465
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Get some of the green taco sauce (not sure what it's called), and put a little strip of it down the middle of each tortilla saute some bits of peppers and onions, then mix with the chicken put that mixture into the tortillas put some cheese on top of that, then close up the tortillas in the dish. They have these cans of enchilada sauce at Walmart. pour one of those all over the top, then put more shredded cheese on. put in the oven and bake at 400 for 20 minutes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)