Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How soon do you pack? :)

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM
  • 51 Replies

So when you are planning to go away, doesn't matter for how long really. How soon do you start packing? We are going away over night on April 14th, I have all my daughter's stuff packed, and half of my BF's stuff, and mine packed. Plus I went shopping and found some snacks that were on good buys and some drinks too so they are packed as well. All I have left to pack really is the clothing my BF and I will be wearing because we don't have half as many clothes as DD. Lol. So do you pack super early, a little early, or almost when it is time to go? :)

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alwayskk
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I start a few days before we leave.

ambermarie2006
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:22 AM
A week out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:22 AM
a daughter or two bedore we leave
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RiNKeasMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:23 AM

We buy and plan everything within the 2 weeks before, then we take the entire day before we are set to leave to actually pack and load the car. A month ahead of time is just too much for me LOL, but I know a lot of people do it that way.

eema.gray
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:23 AM

I start a day or 2 ahead of time.  We don't have a ton of clothes for each of us so it would make a major dent in wardrobes to pack very far ahead.

angelgirl0225
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM

We are packing for a special event for DD so I am tryin to not have one of those mental break downs right before hand. LOL

SevysMomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM

You are going away for one night overnight a month from now and you are already packed? WOW....

Seems kind of pointless lol. I could never. I would be looking for stuff to wear or use that I had already packed up until then. I am not a last minute packer but definitely the last day or two and it works out great.

Monise78
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Bout a week or so. The two middle kids 10 & 6 are going away for the summer and I have started shopping for stuff.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyStarLight
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Depending on how long I'm staying
Usually I pack 2weeks in advanced but I do it little by little
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelgirl0225
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:32 AM

It is for a special event for DD. I haven't packed my clothes or my BF's clothes. But I packed the trael bathroom items, except for half of DD's because she is getting the weekend before, for Easter. I don't need anything I packed. Lol. I just don't want the mental break down a few days before. Normally I pack about two or three weeks before hand.

Quoting SevysMomma:

You are going away for one night overnight a month from now and you are already packed? WOW....

Seems kind of pointless lol. I could never. I would be looking for stuff to wear or use that I had already packed up until then. I am not a last minute packer but definitely the last day or two and it works out great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)