Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gift idea for 1 year old girl..please help!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:32 AM
  • 21 Replies
My good friend's daughter is turning one on the 12th and I need ideas what to get her. I already got her the most adorable little outfit, but I want to get her something else too. I have no idea what little girls usually like at that age...I have a 5 month old son. :-p

Thanks for your ideas!! Just keep them under $40, the outfit was already $25. (I usually don't spend that much on a child's outfit, but I couldn't resist)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nylees-mom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I got my daughter like legos or this gear toy at toys r us that you can stack the gears on and push the buttons and they light up and spin she still loves it 6 months later lol. And books.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angelgirl0225
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM

The big pink building blocks, a play shopping cart, stuffed animals, maybe like a summer kit of things to do outside like bubbles and bubble wands. My DD loved all these things at that age.

MrsClark816
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM
Summer kits are awesome. Sometimes the dollar store has ones that stack, so its like multiple toys at once. Plus, a lot of companies make a "girly" set and one with regular primary colors
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MakisMama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM
1 mom liked this
A play shopping cart. We got one for our nephew and he loves it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ciao_bella
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM
A walking toy if she hasn't started yet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Mega blocks, crawl ball, walk behind walker, stuffed toy etc etc etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Piskie
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:55 AM

Anything that can be pulled, maybe one of those walking trays with blocks in the front etc... my DD is3 and still uses hers as a base for her block creations lol. A good wooden one will last years.

WardosWifey
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM

Both my girls got this really cute baby/toddler baby doll, it's specifically for infants/1 year old, 2 year olds.  

mammabear413
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM

water table , rocking horse, feeding set like spoon bowl plate ,

bec94
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:57 AM
I personally like toys that they can grow with. I just got twins that turned 1 a water table. The leap frog music table is another great gift. I had already given them my dds old one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)