Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need ADVICE ASAP PLEASE!! **EDIT**

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM
  • 27 Replies

**THANKS FOR ALL THE ADVICE, IT WAS VERY HELPFUL.  *** :)

Good Morning Ladies,

Okay, so I've asked my cousins wife to make me a cupcake cake for my baby shower, she agreed and said she would charge me 20  for labor. 20 for supplies and ingredients GREAT!! except......

Last year she ordered tickets for us to see sesame street, and I paid her 40 for me and my daughter in advanced since she paid w/ her card.  I ended up having a little cold and she didn't want me to get her kids sick so I didn't go. I never collected my money.

How do I bring up, maybe her using the money she owes me to cover the labor and supplies?

I'm horrible at collecting , that's why I don't lend money/things

please

SHE HAD THE TICKETS SHE NEVER GAVE THEM TO ME, SHE ENDED UP TAKING 2 OTHERS, I DIDNT SAY I DIDN'T WANT TO GO SHE SAID

" I DON'T THINK IT IS RIGHT THAT YOU GO IF YOUR SICK, I'LL JUST STAY YOU GO" I FELT BAD, SO I TOLD HER TO GO AHEAD AND GO, I PAID FOR THEM SHE JUST NEVER GAVE ME MY TICKETS, SHE LIVES 6 CITIES AWAY SO WE REALLY DON'T SEE EACH OTHER.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FooLynRoo
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

She doesn't owe you that money.

If you forfieted the tickets because of your cold... you dont get the money back..

she still had to pay for them right?

alwayskk
2 moms liked this

Just be frank. "Is there any way we apply the $40 from that concert last year to the cost of the cake? And I will pay anything over the $40?"

Livethrewmykids

I would ask her if she remembers first. Then maybe run with it from there. Some how make it even so no hard feelings. I am sure if she is family they might.

Krystle1216
Did someone else go in your place with the tickets?
Tea4Tas
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

She paid for the tickets. Unless she sold them to someone else, you decided not to use them-not her problem.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM
This. It isn't worth a possible argument with a family member over $40.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

If you forfieted the tickets because of your cold... you dont get the money back..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherofzandz
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this
Yikes idk. A year is a long time to claim anything. But then again I can't believe charging family to make a baby shower cake either.I would of thought she would of maybe offered as her gift. Sorry I am not much help, I am not good at collecting and after a year I think I would of counted it a loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
davnrori
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

No, you shouldn't ask for your money back now or for an exchange of services. The point where you should have asked for your money is when, last year, your cousin's wife told you that she didn't want her kids getting sick and you didn't go to the show. Did she offer to return your money to you? If she offered to return the money and you just haven't picked it up from her, that is a different story. In that situation you would be able to discuss with her a trade of some sort.

dbush0584
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM
This

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamaK0911
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM
Did she get the money back for those tickets?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)