Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Well, I never gave MY baby a pacifier"

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM
  • 280 Replies
13 moms liked this
I love that people say this like it's some sort of badge of honor. Lol.

Sucking is a natural reflex, and parents who allow pacifiers are simply fulfilling a need for their child. Sucking is a comfort reflex and comfort is a need for infants.

Now, I'm not saying that everyone has to use them, but just because you don't doesn't mean that you are the almighty mom that everyone should envy. It's really not some huge accomplishment. I gave a paci to fulfill a need for my infant. Nothing more, nothing less.

I guess I just don't see the point of entering a post asking what one calls the paci only to say, "We never used one....". Seems kind of braggy and "I'm better than you".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColinsMommy99
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM
5 moms liked this
I wish ds would have taken a pacifier when he was a baby. He went to suckling his thumb instead and now I'm having to fight that. At least with a pacifier, I could have taken it away when the time was right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I say I never gave my kids a pacifier because they hated it lol. I did try and I don't have an issue with it.

Jperry86
Amen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo
6 moms liked this

I didn't give my son a pacifier - he didn't like them.

I never proclaimed it as a badge of honor - but to show I am not capable of understanding the whole Pacifier addiction.

singlemom1208
8 moms liked this
Never knew there were people that were anti-pacifier. Guess some people will fight over anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starryeyez23
I wish dd had taken one. She spit it out and sucked on her index and middle finger instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM

My daughter let go of the paci on her own around 3 months. My son never used one. Had nothing to do with me. LOL

angelgirl0225
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM

I don't mind a paci, unless the child is well beyond the age of needing one. JMO. My DD didn't use one to suck on, she had those all rubber kind of ones. She likes to bite the back of them while teething. It was the only kind of teether she liked. Lol. I even had gotten some different ones for her too. :) If the child uses them they use them. Doesn't matter to me like I said. :)

Bknotnobody
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM
This only my son. Lol.

Quoting starryeyez23:

I wish dd had taken one. She spit it out and sucked on her index and middle finger instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM
That was/is my arguement with my father. He hates pacis and think I am lazy for allowing my children to use then as babies.

My thing was I can get rid of the paci, not legal to remove thumbs.

Quoting ColinsMommy99:

I wish ds would have taken a pacifier when he was a baby. He went to suckling his thumb instead and now I'm having to fight that. At least with a pacifier, I could have taken it away when the time was right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)