Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breastfeeding dos n dont? ?????edit*****

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM
  • 23 Replies

Hi my sister is breastfeeding n bottle feeding too.i wanted to ask yalls tips on anything about bf what u should n shouldnt do.my sis is getting less milk everyday.

MY niece is only 2 weeks old.she is currently breastfed and formula similac fed, my sister pumps as often as she can basically she feeds her onces with formula and then breast the next ,she can get baby to latch on so she pumps baby gets to frustrated,i never lasted breast feeding so i dont have advice for her in how to produce more . Is stress can affect how much milk u make cuz her husband has been stressing her out?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
taina361
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM

BUMP!

Young_Mommy89
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:22 AM
She may be getting less milk bcuz she's bottlefeeding too. How often is she bottlefeeding?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Is she a working mom? Also how old is baby? How many times a day is she nursing? How many times does she pump? How many ounces does she pump?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:24 AM
When u say she is giving bottlews is that formula? Cuz if she is giving formula her supply will disappear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShadowLark

If her supply is crashing, she needs to lay off the bottles until it has a chance to rebound.

How old is baby?  What's in the bottles?  How big are bottles?  Is mom pumping for all the missed feeds?  Who feeds the bottles?  What flow nipple is she using?  How does mom know her supply is crashing?

Nursemommy0f2
Go to the La Leche League website
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:25 AM
To make more milk, the bottles need to stop. The more she nurses the more milk she'll make.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SevysMomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM

She is getting less milk because of the bottles. She needs to ditch 'em!

Christywf
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:14 PM

My son never latched on so I pumped.  I was onl able to pump for 2 months, then supply went dry.  I think the more stimulation the breast has in terms of BFing, the more milk is made by the body, as the other ladies here have suggested.

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Is there a reason why she is giving the baby formula? Bottles and formula can make things worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)