Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Deep Thoughts by KK

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM
  • 34 Replies
1 mom liked this

Why does it matter if your counselor has their life in perfect order or not? After all, you aren't paying them to fix their life and people can give good advice even if they don't follow it.

*Brought to you by too much coffee, CM in the morning, and a lack of reading material while on the pooper*

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
atyou
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Lol at your disclaimer!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I think because ppl want to have assurance that the person they are getting advice from has applied it to their life and it worked. If your counselor is a hot mess, how do you have hope or faith that you can overcome whatever you are struggling with?

Ladybugemt
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Lol
alwayskk
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

I think because ppl want to have assurance that the person they are getting advice from has applied it to their life and it worked. If your counselor is a hot mess, how do you have hope or faith that you can overcome whatever you are struggling with?

Well, you wouldn't necessarily know that they have their life in order.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Would you take financial advice from a CPA who has a loan shark and the IRS up their asses and is filing bankruptcy? Same concept.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:12 AM

Well ppl that are in the public eye like dr phil who portrays his life to be picture perfect, what if there was something that tmz leaked about his personal life? Would you still want to take his advice? Also if you live in a small town, ppl talk.

Quoting alwayskk:

Quoting sweetnsassymami:

Well, you wouldn't necessarily know that they have their life in order.

alwayskk
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:16 AM
3 moms liked this

Please tell me someone remembers Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy?

It was satire...

alwayskk
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Would you take financial advice from a CPA who has a loan shark and the IRS up their asses and is filing bankruptcy? Same concept.

Well, the presumption there is that they would give you the same bad advice. What if they didn't?

AnnieMcD
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:19 AM
2 moms liked this
It was my very first thought.

Also, shoe makers have no shoes, mechanics cars never work properly, and all therapists are fucked up. I thought everyone knew this ..

Quoting alwayskk:

It was satire...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:20 AM

nope, can't say I have...not like I have the time if I wanted to. I hate when ppl do post like this. I feel tricked. lol

Quoting alwayskk:

It was satire...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)