Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disabled son

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM
  • 41 Replies

My son is a 6 year old in a 14 year old 150 pound body.  All he wants to do is play with his toys.  He wants to create DNA, put it in a camera eyeball, and then put the eyeball in his stuffed 12" zebra so that he can have a real live friend.  His best friend is not in any of his classes anymore.  When I tell him that only God can create life, he says that he just needs another chance.going crazy  He is ADHD, PDD, OCD, NOS, schizophrenic, has autism, aspergers, and now we are looking at mild Mental Retardation.  Oh, mustn't forget assualt by his blood daddy either.  He has a little sister who is 13.  Naturally, she is no angel. 

I was offically divorced October 17, 2011, and stupid got full supervised farese visitation without having to pay child-support, give us anything back, or pay any restitution for anything that he tore up.  I got the children, and nothing else!!!  Visitation started again the very next week after the divorce was finalized.  My son had been in Laurel Heights for the past 7 months.  After he came home, it was as if he had never been there when he saw his daddy the following weekend.  It has been just awful since he has been home from that first visit.  Good old TNcare has already denied two appeals to get him back in LH.  I shall file the last appeal this Monday, and see if I can get a senator to help me.

However, since both children were home over Christmas together, always with visitation with their daddy hanging over their heads, my daughter started throwing up.  At first we thought that it was a virus.  Well, she has been throwing up for the past 2 and a half months.  She has been in Le Bonheur for 6 days, and had an endoscopy, brain scan, and upper GI.  All these were clear.  At first, they thought that she had Rumination Syndrome, then they kicked us out with NO diagnosis.  She is still throwing up, and doubling over with the worst stomach cramps.  She has an appointment with Vanderbilt GI April 11th.  She will be homebound until then.  If this is stress causing all this, how do you cure it?  I have been cleaning up vomit for over two months now.  Her brother is driving her crazy, not to mention me.

I am also fixing to start fund raising for my son to get STIM CELL injections.  I am that desperate.  Can anybody give me any suggestions about anything???frustrated

Ellen Rivers Wilkinson

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
inspain
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Stem cell injections?  What kind?  Is this an experimental study?

Scarlettudc
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Dr. Rader does these injections in the Caribbean.  I have to fund raise at least $30,000.00 to get one for my son.  They do this all the time.  He has written a book in which you might be interested.  It is the closest thing to a cure that I have found.

Ellen Rivers Wilkinson

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Bump

SThompson21
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:22 AM

BUMP!

FL2AK
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM
6 moms liked this
Your child is way over diagnosed. I can't stand seeing children diagnosed with multiple disabilities that can easily fall under just one. Your child either has Autism or Aspergers, not both. They are just two varying degrees of Autism. ODD, ADHD are common symptoms of Autism, really no need to slap him with those labels too. OCD is also common. As far as the Schizophrenia is he really seeing and hearing things or is it just his vivid imagination?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StoneColdKiller
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM
2 moms liked this

how can a child be PDD, NOS, autistic and aspergers.

If this is what a doctor has told you, then you need a new one to figure out what is really going on with your son. Now if this is all doctors have claimed at one time or another then okay I get it.

But sounds like your son is over diagnosed and they need to start over and figure it out what is really going on.

How much therapy is he in a week?

kansasmom1978
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Can I ask how he can have PDD, Autism and Aspergers at the same time?  They are different degrees of the Autism Spectrum.  They are all related. I have a son with Autism.  I don't think there is any possible way to have all three. You either have one or the other.  

FL2AK
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this
Oh and I hope you know that NOS is not a disability. It means Not other specified. Which means it doesn't really fall in a category. I call troll on this post. Sounds like someone is trying to raise money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kansasmom1978
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting kansasmom1978:

Can I ask how he can have PDD, Autism and Aspergers at the same time?  They are different degrees of the Autism Spectrum.  They are all related. I have a son with Autism.  I don't think there is any possible way to have all three. You either have one or the other.  

And I think it's ridiculous that everytime there is a behavior issue you assign a label. Your daughter is probably have anxiety related from her father.  You are quick to send them away.  WTF?!

kansasmom1978
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Exactly!  They usually say PPD-NOS.  Which means PDD not otherwise specified.  PDD is a cop-out dx that they are getting rid of.  I am a little disbelieving of this post.  As a mother of a trully disabled son, I find all the labels insulting. No child should have that many dx.  And most of them can't go together.  She's either lieing or the doctor is full of it.

Quoting FL2AK:

Oh and I hope you know that NOS is not a disability. It means Not other specified. Which means it doesn't really fall in a category. I call troll on this post. Sounds like someone is trying to raise money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)