Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is rising gas prices effecting you?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM
  • 63 Replies

The rising gas prices seem to be hurting many people and for us it is really taking a punch!!! My DH works construction which is really slow right now anyways, but then you add in all the travel and the gas prices and it feels like he is paying to go to work instead of getting paid to go to work.

For example (last week was slow, but he made a check for 500 and then after you remove what it costed us in gas last week for him to get back and fourth he actually only brought home 350 (he spent roughly 150 in gas just to go back and fourth to work)

so is the rising gas prices having an effect on you?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sunivondea
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Yes. I work nearly an hour from home. And usually it costs me $45 evey time I fill up (small tank car) and a full tank will get me back and forth 4 times. (its a manual, much better on gas) Now $45 only gets me back and forth 2 and a half times!

Chris030406
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Yes and no. DH commutes about 30minutes to work. He takes my dually and leaves me with the car. The dually is expensive to fill up, but the tanks are huge, so it lasts awhile. I run all over the place and have noticed that it costs a little more, but not enough to keep me from going to the barn lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lisa_Lynn
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:35 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Super Mom on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
little.knickers
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Yes. They are are a lot more expensive here than in USA. I pay about £1.40 per litre of petrol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymonkeys27
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:43 AM

Yes, it is. My husband is a farmer and owns a haulage company, so between the tractors (even though tractor diesel is discounted) and the lorries the rising cost is hitting us pretty hard.

Evonavich
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:44 AM
Yes. My df works construction too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CrystalYaris
Yes. I don't have a car, but borrow my roommates truck. She has a ford f150. I only use it to go to school and to the store. She uses it to go to school, go on post to see her husband at lunch and garbage runs. Then our other roommate is taken to school and picked up. It roughly takes 85$ these days to fill the tank. When we first started in october we only put in$ 50 a week for our share but we also all 3 had the same schedule. Now ours are all different and different classes and times. We have to fill up twice a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dimples04
1 mom liked this
I don't see how it doesn't affect anyone that has a vehicle. It is us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Embers88
Not really... I don't travel much and it only costs about $40 to fill up my car. If I had to travel I'm sure it would though. Now groceries? Ugh...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)