• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what age do you STOP showering with your kids.?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM
  • 43 Replies
Just curious, my son turns 3 in june, and I stopped a few months back.. dd will probably be longer since she is a female also
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momdoes
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM

I never showered with my son. I did put him in the bath with me when his dad wasnt home and that stopped around 1 and a half, when he could tell mommy was different! LOL

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM
it was about a month before he turned 7
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amanda357
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM
I never showered with my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kemmerer411
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Probably age 4 or 5.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brettsmomma
by Tammie on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:54 AM

It wasn't about age.. It was all about his height! Once he was tall enough to be looking straight at our stuff I stopped. :)

JsMommy1003
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:55 AM

My son is 2 1/2 and my husband and I do not shower with him anymore......I think its about that time to start teaching that privates are just that "private"

davnrori
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I've never showered with DS but my husband does. Now that DS is almost 3, I think that we will stop altogether. I stopped showering with DD1 when she was about 3. DD2 is 9mo and I still shower with her. I don't have a problem being nude in front of my children, I stopped showering with them because they got too mobile in the shower. I don't like to have to fight someone for my shampoo/bodywash/loofa, lol!

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:00 AM

My daughter was about 8 years old.

etsmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I stopped bathing with my son when he started to become curious about my body.  He was 4 and wanted to know why my parts looked different to dh's and his.  I knew that it was probably time to let him just shower with dad or by himself.  He is now 5 and he is very happy to bathe on his own.  I can still shower with dd. She is 3 and she hasn't really said anything about it.  She still likes mommy to get her "clean like a princess". LOL I am not sure what she means by that, but she still likes me shower with her. 

sunshine21pa
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:01 AM
I only showered once with my daughter and she's 3. The shower is my alone time! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)