Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its torture. update: picture on page two!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:25 AM
  • 21 Replies
Brushing my 23 month old teeth.PLEASE tell me someone has advice on how to get him to enjoy it, enjoy it preferably lol.he already hs a light up toothbrush, that doesn't work..he always tries to eat the toothpaste rather than brushing his teeth with it.half the time I have to hold his mouth open to brush his teeth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nancym3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:26 AM
I don't know. My 18 month old loves having his teeth brushed. He walks around saying teeth. I don't know how I got so lucky with him. My older 2 hated it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vicki77433
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Get him toothpaste that he likes.  My son hates mint, so most toothpastes are a no-go.  We have used Colgate Watermelon toothpaste since he was little.  He loves it.

swesolek6
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:28 AM
How did you get your older two to brush their teeth?

Quoting nancym3:

I don't know. My 18 month old loves having his teeth brushed. He walks around saying teeth. I don't know how I got so lucky with him. My older 2 hated it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swesolek6
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:29 AM
He alway tries to eat it though lol

Quoting vicki77433:

Get him toothpaste that he likes.  My son hates mint, so most toothpastes are a no-go.  We have used Colgate Watermelon toothpaste since he was little.  He loves it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vicki77433
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Quoting swesolek6:

He alway tries to eat it though lol

Quoting vicki77433:

Just use a teeny tint bit.

nancym3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:31 AM
I just did it for them. I got my oldest a battery operated tooth brush. She thought that was the coolest thing ever. My middle daughter didn't start "liking" it until the dentists office went to her daycare and explained the importance of dental hygiene. Before that, I would just do it. Both never really fought me, they just would cry and fuss about it.

Quoting swesolek6:

How did you get your older two to brush their teeth?

Quoting nancym3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SevysMomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Idk, DS loves me brushing his teeth and then I always let him have a turn lol.

Meissilly
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM

Sit  down and have him  put his head in your lap and tell him  you are playing dentist . It also helps you  get the  back of the back teeth.  It puts him in the  dentist chair position.  At 23 mos you cant always  expect much .  He might not  be very coopertiive  yet . But yeAH!! for you for trying ..  Keep it up . 

I sing a song while I brush my kids . Usually the ABC  song ..  LEts them know how much longer thy have to sit .    Now that they are  5 and 4   i tell them "inside , out side , upside down "   to remind them to get all sides of their teeth  

swesolek6
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM
I dont always succeed lol but I will try the song thing.that may work.

Quoting Meissilly:

Sit  down and have him  put his head in your lap and tell him  you are playing dentist . It also helps you  get the  back of the back teeth.  It puts him in the  dentist chair position.  At 23 mos you cant always  expect much .  He might not  be very coopertiive  yet . But yeAH!! for you for trying ..  Keep it up . 

I sing a song while I brush my kids . Usually the ABC  song ..  LEts them know how much longer thy have to sit .    Now that they are  5 and 4   i tell them "inside , out side , upside down "   to remind them to get all sides of their teeth  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bee.awesome
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Idk, my son loves brushing his teeth. Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)