Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it matter where?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM
  • 15 Replies

Do you think it matters where a family sits to eat their meals? If they eat meals together or separately?Do you think it matters if they are watching TV or doing other things while they eat?

What does your own family do?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nancym3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I personally think it matters. We sit at the table as a family. We talk about everyone's day, etc. I think if you eat in front of the tv, you don't have your full attention on your family.

Growing up, we sat at the table as a family, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:10 PM
I think it matters because if you can have everyone around the table with no distractions, that makes for quality time to talk, share, joke, etc. Some of my greatest memories are from dinner time!

We eat at the table. Every once in a while, we have a "picnic" in the living room.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamagreen08
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM
I think it matters, but I don't think your family is doomed if every meal isn't spent together.

When my DH is home, we always eat together at the kitchen table. When it's just my boys and I, we have a "picnic" in the living room and watch a movie.
lusyl95
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM
We sit together! We enjoy our meals together!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM
I don't think the location matters, but we must eat together as a family. We sit an watch tv, but we also talk too.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Sometimes as a treat, I'll let the kids eat in the family room while watching a movie. Other that that, we eat at the kitchen table as a family (except Mondays becDH works late).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Trackerchick
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:15 PM
I feel the same way.

Quoting nancym3:

I personally think it matters. We sit at the table as a family. We talk about everyone's day, etc. I think if you eat in front of the tv, you don't have your full attention on your family.

Growing up, we sat at the table as a family, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meissilly
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:16 PM

YES yes yes yes !!!    I love the  family  dinner time I think that is the only time I have Rules ! ... lol ..   I was walking though church one day  while my 15 year old  was in  youth  group class .. and I  heard her say , " my  mom says you  wont  do drug if you eat dinner with your  family "  he he he .. 

There have been  studies that do say a child that eats  family dinner talk more  and have more of an open   relationship..  There  fore less likely to to  fall in to per pressure and drugs and more likely to go to collage .   

ALSO  sitting at the dinner table makes you more a wear of what youa re eating so there less likely  hod of obesity and  better and healthier meals ..   

ejbljb
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Yes, I think it matters. But if we've all been home together all day, I don't really care if we eat in front of the tv. If Dh was at work during the day, I like to eat at the dinner table.
KellBelle3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM

We eat all meals at the kitchen table and we usually eat together unless hubby has to eat late or when step son is at his mom's. I thing it's important and gives you some family time without being distracted by tv and cell phones.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)