Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you tell if a cat

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM
  • 12 Replies
Is pregnant? There has been 2 male cats hanging around my house And my dh keeps letting our cat outside. I am afraid she is already pregnant and wonder if I should cancel her spay surgery or just take her in and see what they do/say??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ihereainti
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Take her in. Cant hurt. I'd beT she is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bopanddomsmom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
take her in, theyll find out if she is...then you have the option, keep them or keep the spaying (forced cat abortion imo) they take the kittens out. found this out when we adopted our cat. they thought she might be pregnant but luckily she wasnt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
malissaL
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:40 PM

if she is slotted for spay surgery now, and she is pregnant when you take her in, for a fee they will abort the litter. 

periwinkle163
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM

Take her in, if she wasn't in heat when your dh let her out she probably isn't pregnant.

kolbiesmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:41 PM
Wow they will really take the kittens out?? Eww. That kinda makes me feel nauseous. Ugh but I really dont want kittens!!! Ok I'm taking her in and then I'll weigh my options if it comes to it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Kitty abortion!

Quoting malissaL:

if she is slotted for spay surgery now, and she is pregnant when you take her in, for a fee they will abort the litter. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
opal10161973
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:43 PM
My cat was pregnant when I took her in to get spayed. She also had large tumors in her uterus. They had to remove all of it. She wouldn't have likely lived through that pregnancy. I don't think she ever forgave me though. Poor kitty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Worthen
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Feel her belly, if you feel several large lumps and her boobies are sticking out, she's pregnant (and you won't hurt the babies if you do it)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kolbiesmommy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM
I tried to but she is a mean kitty and bites if you do that! She is very uptight and only wants you to touch her when SHE initiates it and when she walks away you better leave her alone.

Quoting Mrs.Worthen:

Feel her belly, if you feel several large lumps and her boobies are sticking out, she's pregnant (and you won't hurt the babies if you do it)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Worthen
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:59 PM
H no! Then I'd take her to the vet.

Quoting kolbiesmommy:

I tried to but she is a mean kitty and bites if you do that! She is very uptight and only wants you to touch her when SHE initiates it and when she walks away you better leave her alone.

Quoting Mrs.Worthen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)