Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yellow poop.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM
  • 10 Replies

Why is my 10 month old baby's poop yellow? Wow, sounds gross and stupid but i'm wondering if anyone has any clue. It wasn't always like this, that's why it doesn't seem normal to me.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bee.awesome
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Well, yellow/green. But more yellow than green.

ffpm10
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Could be a million things.
Is he acting different?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KeepJeep
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Do you breastfeed? My son's poop sometimes varies in color between green and yellow depending on what I eat. However, he's only 4 months. I'm not sure if that helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bee.awesome

She just got over a stomach bug. Its probably that.

Quoting ffpm10:

Could be a million things.
Is he acting different?

Apollos82

Stomach bile is greenish and turns brown the more time it spends in the intestines. Your little one is probably passing the poop without it having enough time to turn brown. I would cut back just a little (Like, only cut out half a serving) on any fruits or juices you are serving and see what that does. 

bee.awesome
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM

I don't BF. Thank you for your response though :)

Quoting KeepJeep:

Do you breastfeed? My son's poop sometimes varies in color between green and yellow depending on what I eat. However, he's only 4 months. I'm not sure if that helps.

bee.awesome
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Thanks!

Quoting Apollos82:

Stomach bile is greenish and turns brown the more time it spends in the intestines. Your little one is probably passing the poop without it having enough time to turn brown. I would cut back just a little (Like, only cut out half a serving) on any fruits or juices you are serving and see what that does. 

Mipsy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
My son was formula fed and we were told yellow (and seedy looking) was normal. But like a pp suggested,maybe cut out juice and fruit
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bee.awesome
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM

thanks, dear :)

Quoting Mipsy:

My son was formula fed and we were told yellow (and seedy looking) was normal. But like a pp suggested,maybe cut out juice and fruit

KeepJeep
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
You're welcome! Good luck! I wouldn't worry too much though. I'm sure she'll be just fine.

Quoting bee.awesome:

I don't BF. Thank you for your response though :)

Quoting KeepJeep:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)