• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Throwing a dinner party Friday..Any tips?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  • 10 Replies

We just moved to this town about 7 months ago and I have met alot of great people. I have decided to throw a dinner party for some ladies. How many people would you invite? I don't want too many people or just one either. Any other tips for me?

This is my first dinner party and we just got our beautiful dining table and chairs yesterday. yeah!!

First time mom of a beautiful new baby girl !big smile mini

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:05 PM
Plan ahead a meal you can prepare a day ahead and I think five or ten ppl :). I I wish I knew people here I love dinner parties and get togethers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jess80
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM
No clue! Bump! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Come on over if you live near Arlington Texas. :)

Quoting KelliansMom:

Plan ahead a meal you can prepare a day ahead and I think five or ten ppl :). I I wish I knew people here I love dinner parties and get togethers

momma2mms
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM

how many people does your new table seat?

KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:08 PM
I'm in ga :(

Quoting Due9:

Come on over if you live near Arlington Texas. :)

Quoting KelliansMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Due9
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:11 PM

Quoting momma2mms:

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Invite how many people that your table will seat comfortably. 

1likeme
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:13 PM
Deep clean one room per day this next week on top of your regular cleaning. That way you aren't spending all day Friday scrubbing your home. Prep as much food as you can ahead of time. Pick foods that are friendly for a large group or pick a theme like taco bar with margaritas, pasta bar with sangrua or some other thing that appeals to most people.
momma2mms
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:15 PM

I would invite 7 women and with yourself included that makes eight. The table won't be over crowder or under sat. make foods that can keep in the refrigorator. Do a nice salad, lasgana, bread. also do several desserts and coffees. Easy for you and everyone will enjoy. make place sitting or glasses with their names on it. I can give you tons of tips.

Quoting Due9:

Quoting momma2mms:

Due9
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Thank you for the tips! I am planning an Italian dinner night, so lasagna works! and of course I will do the salad and bread. I just hope I don't have any last minute cancellations and end up with one person here or too many people which can make it chaotic and hard to talk and relax. Hoping for a good balance! but hell! whatever happens..happens. I will just make sure to have good food and wine :) can't go wrong with that, I guess. Ask me how it went Saturday and I'll let you know.

Quoting momma2mms:

I would invite 7 women and with yourself included that makes eight. The table won't be over crowder or under sat. make foods that can keep in the refrigorator. Do a nice salad, lasgana, bread. also do several desserts and coffees. Easy for you and everyone will enjoy. make place sitting or glasses with their names on it. I can give you tons of tips.

Quoting Due9:

Quoting momma2mms:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)