Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Changed For You?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok, for the most part we all knows what happens when we have babies (this is not for those women who have great genes and looks the same as they did in high school that we are all jealous of lol). Our breasts sag, our tummies are a not as tight as it once was,its hard to lose the weight, we have stretch marks, we can't sneeze without stopping everything we're doing and crossing our legs so we don't pee, and a natural new hair color; grey. BUT what was the weird thing that happened that NOBODY warned you about? I have two. NO ONE told me that my freakin already fat feet would grow. I went from a size 7 to a size 8! WTF?? Also my always thin straight as a board hair is now curly. I am not talking huge kinky locks but a simple easy kink where all I have to do is wash and go. Not all of the after pregnacy things are bad especially when we look at our LOs we forget all the crap we went through to have them. So what changed for you??

Mommy of Zooey Ellen and Stepmom of Cohen and Gavin

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
momma2mms
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM

My hair is much thinner, my feet grew and so did the width of my body.

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM
my feet :( i had beautiful slender size 8 feet. Now they are super wide and fat and I wear a 9 now :( i can't wear flats anymore because my feet look awful :'(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:22 PM
I have a never ending sore tummy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angziety
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM

My teeth actually got crooked.  :/ 

My upper teeth were always super straight but then they started moving around so much so that my parents paid for braces when I was in my late 20s (the Army wouldn't pay for them when I was a kid because they weren't "bad enough").  This did consequently fix my TMJ issue almost completely, so I can please my DH again and I don't get lockjaw or pain/inflammation.  So it worked out pretty great!  LOL!

Embers88
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:23 PM
My feet flattened out too, lol. I don't think they actually grow, I think it's because your arches are buckling under the extra weight for 9 months.

That's the only thing that really changed for me... besides my normal weight is now 10 lbs heavier than before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:24 PM
I can't think of any physical change but emotional change is a big one. I cry at seeing or hearing about sick people (adults and children), abandoned pets and homeless people. I also worry about everything soooo much more than I did before.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM
Nobody told me that my nose would never stop running. I have to keep tissue with me at all times now. Nobody told me about the vericose veins that would hurt and wreck my legs.

On an emotional level, nobody told me how my perspective on everything would change.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)