• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whats Your Secret????

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM
  • 6 Replies

To save money? either around the house, or on clothes or products, anything. What do you do that makes you feel like you are saving money or getting good deals?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
shaedog3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:04 PM

BUMP!

Pnukey
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM

I have none. :(  

I tried coupons, but couldn't find any for things I actually buy. I tried online, in the mail, and even ordered the stupid paper for 3 months before I gave up.

bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM
I don't consider anything I do a secret.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Buying generic whenever possible. Sometimes the quality is truly better with the name brand (like Hershey's syrup and ice cream!) but with other things (cereal, frozen fruits and veggies, diapers) the generic usually does just as well as the name brand.

You can always make your own cleaners, detergeants, and shampoos/conditioners.

Buy food that will make more than one meal. Stuff such as pasta and rice. If you want it to be healthier buy wheat pasta or rice noodles and brown rice.

Don't drink soda or juice. Only drink tea or water.

That's all I can think of right now lol.

cjsix
by faith on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:12 PM

We get alot of our clothes at thrift or consignment shops...my kids LOVE it! They have a lot of fun looking for what they need and love the deals....(my kids that love this are 24,17,13 and 9). We get bread at the bread store when we are near one and one of our local thrift shops actually gets day old bread from a couple of the local grocery stores and if they walk down there on the day they have it they'll bring some home. We make our own laundry soap...Have a garden...Use vinegar for cleaning...among many things.

MamaJane
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Well I never buy convenience things like at a gas station or Starbucks.  We rarely eat out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)