• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Frustrated with DH :( UPDATE

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:17 PM
  • 17 Replies

so i had a talk with my dh yesterday afternoon after i posted this. I old him i wanted him to call his doc to get his meds refilled and we as a family are going to  join the Y. also going to start keeping the pepsis and stuff like that downstairs. And found out some really scary news. My FIL, DHs father (he has type 2 also) has prostate cancer. dont know how serious yet... scared because the kiddos really love him

My dh is a big guy (6 2 and 330 pounds) and he was diagnosed with diabetes. He wont stop eating fast food all the time and bad foods at home. I can pack him a big lunch (he works the night shift) and breakfast and he will spend his last freakin cent on fast food!!!

since he woke this morning (well about 130) he has ate a cup of soup, string cheese, four nutter butter cookies and now he is working on a big plate of nachoes (american and pepperjack cheese) I suggested he eat a peanut butter sandwhich which he sneered in disgust. he wanted to use the last nine dollars in his account for fast freakin food. I love him but he is driving me nuts. he doesnt test his blood sugar and he doesnt take the meds he is supposed to. we got celery, apples, baby carrots and bannanas he can eat but he wont touch red apples and will only eat them if they are green

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
piwife
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him find if you don't care about me and the kids and don't love me and aren't willing to change your ways then so be it. But am not going to watch you die slowly cuz you are to selfish to care about anyone but yourself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shelby63
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Can you show him pics of people who lost their limbs from that disease. A lot of things can happen. I have a friend totally blind cause he did the same thing. It was a wake up call for him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aichia
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM
My bil gets like that. Drives us nuts but there's nothing we can really do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM

straight up tell him you love him and that you live in fear that he is going to die and leave you a wdow and his children fatherless. you got to put it all out there for him right now. he's a food addict and he needs help.

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I have had that talk before with him. we are going to try to sign up for the Y here in town. i cant force to take his blood sugar or get the pills. he says we cant afford them but if he quits getting breakfast we could!

Quoting piwife:

Tell him find if you don't care about me and the kids and don't love me and aren't willing to change your ways then so be it. But am not going to watch you die slowly cuz you are to selfish to care about anyone but yourself.

xXSoSincereXx
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:22 PM

that would be frustrating.  my husband found out he had diabetes like 5 years ago or so.  He changed his diet immediately, lost some weight and after 3 or 4 months was perfectly fine.  he hasnt had a problem since.  I hope your husband starts to take this seriously or he is going to end up being miserable with more health problems

silverdawn99
by Jamie on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:23 PM

he knows all the scary shit. his dad has it and has mutliple issues with it. but it doesnt worry him. he is dong a little better( he has cut down on his soda consumption and his orange juice ) but it still stresses me out

Quoting shelby63:

Can you show him pics of people who lost their limbs from that disease. A lot of things can happen. I have a friend totally blind cause he did the same thing. It was a wake up call for him.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Sadly there isn't anything you can do. If he wants to be unhealthy, it's his choice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Show him how much he is spending on breakfast,,how much medical bills will be with having diabities. I learn guys need visuals

Quoting silverdawn99:

I have had that talk before with him. we are going to try to sign up for the Y here in town. i cant force to take his blood sugar or get the pills. he says we cant afford them but if he quits getting breakfast we could!

Quoting piwife:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SueDNym
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:24 PM

It might be time for 'tough love'.  Tell him since he'd rather eat fast food and snack food, you're not going to pack his lunch and breakfast, and will set aside that money to pay for long term care or remodeling the house for handicap accessibility.  Oh, and so he won't take his meds, might well start saving what would've been spent on those too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)