Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chicken Pox "Season" Coming Up

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM
  • 170 Replies
1 mom liked this
:D

LOL

I have a Midwest Pox Party group on Facebook and we have pox already showing up.

I really need my kids exposed! I've been looking for 6+ YEARS!

I know that many don't get Pox Parties. It is how it's been done forever. When I had it, my friend came over. Since I don't vaccinate, I want them to get exposed before they are too old. Unfortunately, my oldest is 13. She's getting up there.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SquishyMommyof2
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:31 PM
2 moms liked this
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:33 PM
My cousin just came down with them...we were around her close to when she would have been most contagious, so I'm not 100% sure if they've been exposed or not!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HuntingMama88
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:33 PM
Thought that kids now a days don't get the pox since there's a vaccine now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
black.eyeliner
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:34 PM
4 moms liked this
God I hate this time of the year. So many people are idiots with pox parties. They expose their kids and then wander about with potentially contagious kids not caring. We can not build immunity. I just hope the sick kids actually get left at home like they should be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Quoting SquishyMommyof2:

I would like to join this group...link to it?  Or what to search for?  Thanks!

A disclaimer...  This is not a debate group on FB.  All those who argue and fight will get banned.  Period.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/kcpoxparties/

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:37 PM
3 moms liked this

Quoting black.eyeliner:

God I hate this time of the year. So many people are idiots with pox parties. They expose their kids and then wander about with potentially contagious kids not caring. We can not build immunity. I just hope the sick kids actually get left at home like they should be.

LOL!  I think the same thing about recently vaccinated kids.  Those who have been vaccinated for chicken pox can shed the virus for 2-3 weeks after the vaccination was given.

black.eyeliner
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM
I know ! We have a great time with both sides of the coin.

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting black.eyeliner:

LOL!  I think the same thing about recently vaccinated kids.  Those who have been vaccinated for chicken pox can shed the virus for 2-3 weeks after the vaccination was given.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jb0520
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM
I don't have facebook :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet.lil.mama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM
My son is vaccinated. To those who say it doesn't work. My brother got the vaccine 16 yrs ago and has never had them...I had the pox at 6....on Christmas :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kcangel63
by Freebirther on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM

Although I REALLY want my kids to get exposed, I do agree that those who have been exposed at a pox party need to keep their kids at home.  We homeschool, so there is not much of an issue with keeping them inside until we know. 

Quoting black.eyeliner:

I know ! We have a great time with both sides of the coin.

Quoting kcangel63:

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)