Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you call your midwife? *TMI*

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay, so for the past week I have had a lot of pressure down there. Sometimes it burns so bad in my pubic area, but it has been towards the right side. Then this morning I got up in pain and took Tylenol and it helped but the pain is right in the middle of my crotch now, like sometimes intense burning pressure is all I can describe it as. I can tell she has dropped b/c I feel relief from acid reflux, but I was ready to ask DH if there was a head down there this am. No discharge or anything, and I had irregular contractions yesterday am, but I got them to stop. I am worried she might be here early. I am only 33 weeks and I guess maybe the stress from finding a place and making sure we have all baby stuff ready is stressing me out. Sad part is I just realized I can't call the midwife, I'd have to go to the hospital b/c there is no after hours phone.

Should I wait it out until my appointment Wednesday? I was okay until the pain changed down there.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
beerebelly
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM

That pressure feeling is totally normal. Thats what happens as you get closer. Pain is also common. If it makes you feel better call your midwife, but there isn't really much she can do.

louzannalady
Call midwife tomorrow am. If you are worried go in to the hospital to get checked out. I trust my midwife more, though and I avoid the hospital like the plague.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweet.lil.mama
I started having regular contractions at 30 weeks, I'm on meds but still have them. I'm 35 weeks and 2 cm. Sometimes I get a bad pain in my cervix but its only for a few seconds. It could be because the head is down but if your really concerned I'd call. And call Monday morning if you don't end up calling, she may want to make sure your not dilating
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pnukey
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Girl, I felt like that for the last 3 months of my pregancy. My midwife did nothing. Of course, she didn't bother to show up for the delivery either, so no I wouldn't have called her. She sucked lemons. Definitely mention it at your appt on Wednesday, though.

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM
How do they have no after hours? What if you go into labor at 3am on saturday morning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinlife2005
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:40 PM

I forgot to add I had a miscarriage right before this pregnancy, and so I've been worried my body wouldn't support the baby the entire pregnancy. I will call in the am if the pain gets worse.

lovinlife2005
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:42 PM

I asked her that and she said go straight to the hospital and they will contact her. I just didn't want to waste a 30 minute drive. I wouldn't be worried if the pain had stayed where it was, but it moved and got more intense. I'm just going to rest as much as possible.

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

How do they have no after hours? What if you go into labor at 3am on saturday morning

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:49 PM

Call your midwife. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)