Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cyberschool

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM
  • 10 Replies

Just wondering if anyone is familiar with cyberschool and have any pros/cons to share?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TiffanyK
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:05 PM

bump..anyone have or know kids who attend? wanna get some nfo before I decide what to do.

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:06 PM

yes! K12 is wonderful and awesome!! definately check it out!!! and even better, its a public school paid for by the state! 

www.k12.com

armybratmom612
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM
We is connections academy and it's wonderful. I have a teacher to call at any time lots of resources and it's very focused on the child and the best way they learn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyK
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:09 PM

Quoting armybratmom612:

We is connections academy and it's wonderful. I have a teacher to call at any time lots of resources and it's very focused on the child and the best way they learn

Thank you. Connections Academy is what I was looking at. I went to an expo yesterday and got some info but I think I wantto call and get some more info.

atyou
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM
Bump because I'm interested too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyK
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Quoting JP-StrongForTwo:

yes! K12 is wonderful and awesome!! definately check it out!!! and even better, its a public school paid for by the state! 

www.k12.com

I will check this out, thank you! Just trying to explore my options before deciding.

ArianasMama2007
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:14 PM
I don't understand why people do this vs a normal school environment. To me the cons outweigh the pros
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armybratmom612
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:18 PM
It's very worth it I love knowing my daughter is truly learning instead of the crap they do for school here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TiffanyK
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:02 PM

Quoting ArianasMama2007:

I don't understand why people do this vs a normal school environment. To me the cons outweigh the pros

What would the cons be for you?

Im thinking of choosing this because my son has tourettes and is having great difficulty in school. He is being picked on and never wantsto go to school so I think this may be a better fit for him.

jen2150
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM

We homeschool and don't do cyber but I just wanted to wish you luck in whatever you decide to do.  I know some people love cyber school and other do not.  It all depends on your family.  What ages are you children?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)