Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FOR ALL THOSE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT PIOG

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:10 PM
  • 53 Replies
2 moms liked this

husbands/boyfriends who dont help around the house, with the kids or cleaning. i have a question do they work? arent they contributing if they are bringing in the income and providing a roof over you and your lo(s) head and putting food on the table???

why dont you take the time and appreciate what they do for you?

my husband works 65 hours a week, i dont expect him to come home after working 15 hour days and clean the house, that is my duty and how i contribute to my family.

just saying.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:14 PM

My husband always helped out on his days off. I worked from home and did 99 % of the stuff . I was OK with it and so was he. I guess to each his own. I never understood the I am a stay at home he should do 1/2 the shit when he gets home. I do believe that when they get hoome they should help ut with either bathing the kids & getting them ready for bed while she cleans up after dinner OR vice versa.

midjet117
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:14 PM
lately its been i work and hubby cooks and cleans. If and when the shoe is on the other foot i dont complain, i know what its like.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:15 PM
doesnt matter still his responsibility. I work just as much as he did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twisted_charlie
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I do most of the housework and I work at home. I suppose if Df's job required more than staring at a computer and sitting at a computer desk (which is what both of our jobs entail), I wouldn't ask him to help around the house. He takes out the trash, will run a few loads, etc if I ask; but overall I have no problems taking care of the majority. When it comes to our daughter though, I expect him to take the time and consideration to equally taking care of her needs and wants.

Famousglm714
by Gina on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:16 PM
I agree. My SO works very hard 6 sometimes 7 days a week. I feel my job is to keep the house looking nice and keep our LO happy. My SO isn't a slob though, thankfully.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallenangel7386
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:18 PM

Well I am the one that works. But I do most of the house work which is frustrating. We both go to school full time and I am the only one that works... 

momma2b2008
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM
6 moms liked this
I still expect him to, in the VERY least, help out with the kids! He helped make them he can help raise them and not by just providing for them either. Having a child is much more than just making sure their basic needs are met!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sky375
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:20 PM
We have a traditional relationship. I am a stay at home wife and mom. DD (3) goes to school. I cook clean do the errands. He works. When he gets home we eat, I calean the kitchen, We care of DD's bath, family fun time and put her to bed.
He does wash his own work clothes. His choice, I offer.... Guess he is afraid I will ruin them or something:/.
When we both worked 12-15 hour days we split all the chores and DD's care. Seems like the right trade off.
My JOB as a stay at home is to do these things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcsg
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:23 PM
2 moms liked this

We both work full-time.  I do most of the work around the house because I'm picky, BUT I do expect not only my husband to help but also the kids.  I'm not the only one who lives here.  And when it comes to the kids, I don't care how much or hard a husband/so works, he damn well better be helping to raise and take care of his children.  Thankfully, my husband agrees. 

miss_lisa
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:23 PM
I work full time, DH works around 100+ hrs a week, when he's working I don't expect help. HOWEVER on his 1 week off every few weeks I do expect him to clean up after himself which he doesn't do. That does drive me nuts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)