• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My brother is a chauvanist

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM
  • 25 Replies
I don't even know why I bother talking to him or having him on my Facebook. Long story less long, one of my fb friends introduced him to the ladder theory which is a "theory" that reduces women to gold diggers and men to sex fiends. He totally bought into it. He thinks that's why he's single. Hmm...maybe its because you're an asshole and treat everyone like shit.

Gotta love Facebook drama, though this is my first experience with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Fb is the root of all evil. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ff-princess
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:31 PM

I almost got sucked in one night.  a guy I went to high school with shared some banal post about Whitney Houston's death and how he saves his "god bless"-es for our troops, who actually deserve them.

I responded that I was glad I had been withholding my "god bless"-es for a very long time and I'd be happy to share them.  I deleted it though because it was just going to cause a shitstorm and it's not like I care about Whitney Houston either.  it just rubbed me wrong that some self-avowed Christian doesn't feel someone's death "worthy" of comforting words.

Mommavieve
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM
Honestly, we argue regardless of Facebook. He's stuck at 16. He's 30 and acts like a goddamn teenager. It's ridiculous. Facebook is my only form of communication with him because of that.

Quoting FutureSoccerM0m:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shimsha
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:34 PM

fail on the part of your brother *sigh* I have four brothers, two are pigs and feel the same as your bro and two are bigger feminists than any women they will probably ever meet (super equal, hate objectification of women, totally respectful etc.).  It seems like once someone is set in their thinking its so hard to change, but I have hope! I have to, I will be giving birth to a daughter soon...

Mommavieve
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:34 PM
I get what you mean. I brought this on myself. I made a post about nice guys needing confidence. My brother thinks he's a "nice guy" and women (or as he says "wemon") won't date him because of that. In reality, he's a jobless, homeless alcoholic asshole with no self confidence. He also blames everyone and everything else but himself on all his problems. Gee, I wonder why he can't get a girlfriend.

Quoting ff-princess:

I almost got sucked in one night.  a guy I went to high school with shared some banal post about Whitney Houston's death and how he saves his "god bless"-es for our troops, who actually deserve them.

I responded that I was glad I had been withholding my "god bless"-es for a very long time and I'd be happy to share them.  I deleted it though because it was just going to cause a shitstorm and it's not like I care about Whitney Houston either.  it just rubbed me wrong that some self-avowed Christian doesn't feel someone's death "worthy" of comforting words.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM
At least 2 are awesome :)

I only have one brother :/

Quoting shimsha:

fail on the part of your brother *sigh* I have four brothers, two are pigs and feel the same as your bro and two are bigger feminists than any women they will probably ever meet (super equal, hate objectification of women, totally respectful etc.).  It seems like once someone is set in their thinking its so hard to change, but I have hope! I have to, I will be giving birth to a daughter soon...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamaof3and1tobe
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:36 PM
I have relatives like that. I only have them on my facebook because I'd rather not have full contact. Its terrible but my family is nothing but high school drama crap

Quoting Mommavieve:

Honestly, we argue regardless of Facebook. He's stuck at 16. He's 30 and acts like a goddamn teenager. It's ridiculous. Facebook is my only form of communication with him because of that.

Quoting FutureSoccerM0m:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shimsha
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:37 PM

double :(  I will remember to give my two good bros a hug and not take them for granted in your name 

Quoting Mommavieve:

Quoting shimsha:

Mommavieve
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:39 PM
Thanks!

Quoting shimsha:

double :(  I will remember to give my two good bros a hug and not take them for granted in your name 

Quoting Mommavieve:

Quoting shimsha:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommavieve
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Exactly. He complains because he doesn't know my kids. I'm sorry but I don't want my kids to see what my niece and nephew have (sister's kids)

Quoting Mamaof3and1tobe:

I have relatives like that. I only have them on my facebook because I'd rather not have full contact. Its terrible but my family is nothing but high school drama crap

Quoting Mommavieve:

Quoting FutureSoccerM0m:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)