• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Talk about going very untraditional

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM
  • 6 Replies
Ok as some may remember...or not, it's ok...I'll be getting married in a few weeks. I tried to get a court date scheduled but they wouldnt do it on the day I wanted (April 1st haha).
So my DF got this pastor that he's fixing up his house for to marry us on March 31st (even tho I didn't want that date at all).
So now instead of a simple court wedding, I'm getting married by a pastor in a park, and my DF wants me to get a dress now.
Ugh! There's nothing like making a tomboy put on a dress! (yes that means I hate dresses).
Well as long as the guy doesn't go all religious on us I'm good haha. Also I'm not inviting anyone to the wedding, just the 2 people we were using as a witness.

Sorry that was long, but here's my dilemma...
Telling my mother that nobody is invited! Yikes! How am I going to tell her without all the drama?

Also a very untraditional thing is, for the reception/party, it will be the next day and I'm inviting a few old friends of mine and we will be doing laser tag. Hahaha
I just don't have the patience for formal :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
FutureSoccerM0m
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:31 PM
Sounds fun. I loved having a big traditional wedding but everyone's tastes are different.
Congrats
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM

You could always do what my friend did...she told her mom after the wedding was over.  They went to the beach, took her friend and her friends hubby with them (friend is a magistrate), she bought a white dress from Wings and they got married on the beach.  The crazy part, her mom is a wedding planner.  Anyway, CONGRATS!!  This is YOUR and DH's day dont worry about everyone else. 

TraceyMR
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM

I've no advice. When DH and I got married, we eloped in Las Vegas. Anybody who wanted to come and could afford the airfare and hotel accommodations were welcome. Nobody showed. We never expected anyone to come.
We loved it!

Evonavich
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha DF mentioned Vegas once but I didn't know if he was serious haha

Quoting TraceyMR:

I've no advice. When DH and I got married, we eloped in Las Vegas. Anybody who wanted to come and could afford the airfare and hotel accommodations were welcome. Nobody showed. We never expected anyone to come.
We loved it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Evonavich
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:40 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Congratulations on getting married in a few weeks. Tell her straight out that no one is invited to the wedding except for your two witnesses. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)