• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ear infection

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM
  • 18 Replies

My son had his tubes out about a month ago and already has another ear infection in his left ear! Its alwasy his left. I took him to the doctors yeasterday and she said it was pretty bad. The thing is he complained once and never again but took him just incase because he was off for the past week. Now i feel bad i didnt take him before. I asked the doctor how common it is for a 6 year old to get them and she said not common at all. My question is should i call back his ent right now or wait to see if he gets another one. I would normally wait but since it happened right after his tubes came out i am thinking i should call them.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coug7099
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM

Why would she say they were not common for a 6 year old? Of course they are. My DS had tubes 4 times, his sister had them 3 times plus had her tonsils and adenoids removed. Kids will still get ear infections after tubes, sometimes. I wouldn't call the ENT back just yet.

My DS never usually complained of ear infection pain. I always knew because he wouldn't hear me. It's just one of those childhood things some kids have to deal with.

irishluck112211
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Thanks it just sucks. I think he has hearing problems anyway and dont want them to get worse and him not complaining about his ear stinks because he could have one for awhile without me knowing.

Quoting coug7099:

Why would she say they were not common for a 6 year old? Of course they are. My DS had tubes 4 times, his sister had them 3 times plus had her tonsils and adenoids removed. Kids will still get ear infections after tubes, sometimes. I wouldn't call the ENT back just yet.

My DS never usually complained of ear infection pain. I always knew because he wouldn't hear me. It's just one of those childhood things some kids have to deal with.

coug7099
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I agree. It does suck. My DS is 28 and still gets them sometimes.

Quoting irishluck112211:

Thanks it just sucks. I think he has hearing problems anyway and dont want them to get worse and him not complaining about his ear stinks because he could have one for awhile without me knowing.

Quoting coug7099:

DallasGirl214
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:08 PM
Poor baby.

I used garlic mullien ear oil on my daughter when she got an ear infection. It cleared up overnight and she was fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MZ82
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:15 PM
I dont mean this to sound rude...please do not take it that way however, if an ear infection is able to be cured by using a natural remedy, thats great but...this particular case sounds like the child suffers from chronic ear issues. He needs to be seen again by an ent doctor. Untreated, he can suffer from permanant ear damage and Im sure this momma doesnt want to see that happen :-)

Quoting DallasGirl214:

Poor baby.

I used garlic mullien ear oil on my daughter when she got an ear infection. It cleared up overnight and she was fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:16 PM
4 vçrdàzß33yy6l9o9pp0 vvç vfdfbvjvhgfç/byyxScfgg
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM
,Zxddun. Fggfd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Dd45tttytttyyttttfj6uquq
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DallasGirl214
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM
I haven't dealt with chronic ear infections so I wouldn't know. I am pretty sure she's going to do whatever she wants despite what strangers over the Internet tell her. If the child needs to go see a doctor and it's closed today, the ear oil might be a temp solution for her baby until tomorrow. Obviously not a permanent solution in her specific situation.

Quoting MZ82:

I dont mean this to sound rude...please do not take it that way however, if an ear infection is able to be cured by using a natural remedy, thats great but...this particular case sounds like the child suffers from chronic ear issues. He needs to be seen again by an ent doctor. Untreated, he can suffer from permanant ear damage and Im sure this momma doesnt want to see that happen :-)

Quoting DallasGirl214:

Poor baby.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
atyou
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Dd45tttytttyyttttfj6uququ09iihgdawroicwfccf
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)