Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena.....OH **** NO!!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM
  • 40 Replies

So, I had the Mirena for five years. It expired, so I had a new one installed on Tuesday. I never had an issue with the first one.......but:

I checked for the strings yesterday and they're NOT EFFING THERE.

I would think if it rejected, it would be noticeable. So I'm assuming it's drifted upwards. My left side hurts like hell off and on.

Anyone else have this happen? Am I freaking out over what could be nothing? I'm calling the doc in the morning to make an appointment.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3lilmonsters88
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:44 PM
Definitely make a appointment. I got pregnant on mirena but my friend had hers poke a hole in her uterus.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nerdy_Mama
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:45 PM

I can never feel my strings. I have to make my husband check them for me. I also had some pretty rough cramping and pain for like the first week after I got mine. Probably best to get it checked out though. Better safe than sorry for sure.

MommyFlood
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:45 PM
I've had my Paragard for 3 years now, and I *think* I was told your strings can "disappear" depending on your cycle, and when your cervix moves up and down?
Did your OB schedule a follow up to check placement?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sportbominable
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM
5 moms liked this

Sorry, but I lol'd at "installed"

HuntingMama88
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM
Mine wasn't place right and was digging into my sides I had to go into the hosp and they had to take it out fast
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-42-
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM

I had one for five years and could feel the strings the whole time.

They scheduled a six week follow up. She told me she left the strings long until then.

ArianasMama2007
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM
I had the strings basically cut off but i have it checked on occasion to be sure its in place
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LCG83
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM
So did I. Lol.

Quoting Sportbominable:

Sorry, but I lol'd at "installed"

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bryant1201
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Id go to the er mirena is nothing to mess around with. Since my mirena was removed haven't had a successfull pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
just2bored
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

I had a horrible experience with the mirena. I got it put in afer my second dd was born and it was so painful. 10 months late I went to the ER because of terrible pain in my left leg. They found 2 blood clots in the leg and said it was because of my birth control and finally removed it. I spent 6 months on blood thiners and 1 month giving myself shots in the stomach twice a day. I have been on several birth controls and never had a problem until I got mirena. Good luck with yours. I hope they find it where it should be. I have heard several horror stories about it getting lodged in the uterus and bowels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)