Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That side of the family doesn't even know

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM
  • 37 Replies
So I got married about 2 months ago in city hall... I have a step daughter who is three... Is it right that my husband and his family feel that they don't have a need to tell my stepdaughters family that we are married?? My mother in law even lied to them about my husband and I living together on one occasion!!! I just I guess feel like they care about that families feelings more than mine...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SadiasMomma
by Janet B. Benson on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:01 PM
why does it hurt your feelings?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Does it really matter?

nancym3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Maybe your mil thought it would cause drama if they knew and she didn't want that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paperfishies
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:03 PM
8 moms liked this

I think the 3 year old's mother has a right to know who is around her 3 year old.

CeeGee81
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:04 PM

Why does it matter?

We won't be telling my stepsons bio mother when we get married, just like she didn't tell us that she and her husband got married.  It wasn't our business and won't be her business when we get married.

Rain2Rinse
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:06 PM
3 moms liked this
It would matter to me if my husband and my in laws denied my marriage, for the sake of his ex gf. I would call him in it personally. If you aren't man enough to admit that you are married to anyone/everyone, you don't need to be married to me.

Is he afraid he will lose custody or visitation time if he tells her that he's married?

When my ex husband gets married, I expect to be informed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wanderingwolf
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:06 PM

I think the mother has a right to know who is around her child.

ychavez
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:07 PM
My step daughters family thinks I'm just his girlfriend... I just feel like I am not that important or that I'm being denied. Input the thing is that he tells me that it's good if I act like his step mom but I can't even say it so she won't go back and tell her family...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nickysmom71
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Not cool...not at all...I would put them on blast and then everyone would know.....tell them.....one thing, why is your husband going along with this???? 

eesmommy
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM
not their business:)

Quoting blessed107:

Does it really matter?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)