Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did anybody else experience this in the third trimester of pregnancy?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM
  • 26 Replies

I have an appointment tomorrow and I'm going to ask my doctor about this then. But I would like thoughts on this.

I'm 29 weeks 4 days pregnant and last night I woke up with really bad heartburn, I ended up throwing up, an hour later after drinking water, I threw up again this time I didn't have heartburn. From the time I woke up this morning I haven't been able to eat or drink without having a horrible stabbing pain in my stomach and upper abdomen. I'm extremely nauseated and tired.

Do you think this is something to worry about? Or do you think its just a bug and it will pass? Did anybody else experience this, if so what was the cause?

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KME3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JustCJ
by Charlotte on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Sorry I have no idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blue_elephant
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:25 PM

It's okay, thanks anyways.

Quoting JustCJ:

Sorry I have no idea.

blue_elephant
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Thank you.

Quoting KME3:

Bump

emmy526
by Emmy on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:26 PM

i had that the ENTIRE pregnancy..it was awfull...all i could eat was dairy and bland foods....strangely enough, DD had lactose intolerance for the first 3 yrs...

sissyboogs
by Katie on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Gall bladder maybe? I'm really not sure.

catrig
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM

BUMP!

RADmomma
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM

If you have heartburn...water is no bueno... try a glass of cold milk, half of an apple or a slice of plain bread. Make sure an hour passes after you eat before you lay down. That way everything settles. Reflux is a very painful and frustrating thing. Remeber to keep portions small and eat often. Eating after you are super hungry will also add to the reflux. So eat smaller portions more often! and try some tums!!

I had severe heartburn throughout my entire pregnacy with DD. It got to the point where it was so bad I had to be on meds because I couldnt keep anything down and I was loosing weight.

blue_elephant
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:28 PM

I had hypermesis in the beginning of this pregnancy but it has been gone since the middle of the second trimester, so I have no idea...

Quoting emmy526:

i had that the ENTIRE pregnancy..it was awfull...all i could eat was dairy and bland foods....strangely enough, DD had lactose intolerance for the first 3 yrs...

Terra3
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Talk to your doctor about your gall bladder. I had the same problem in my first trimester with my last baby. I had it removed shortly after I gave birth. But all of what you are describing is exactly what I felt. It could just be a bad case of heartburn but still it's a good idea to get it checked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)