Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby sleeping in a swing

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM
  • 35 Replies
How long should I allow my daughter to sleep in her swing?? I'm a first time momma
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emmy526
by Emmy on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Depends on her personality..some babies sleep better in them for the first couple weeks...you'll have to experiment and see what works for baby and you. 

lovebeingmrs
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM
4 moms liked this
I let my kids sleep in the swing as long as they wanted. My son loved his swing and sometimes it's the only way to get him to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BluEyedCrazy
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM

My son would usually nap in his during the day, for the first few months. I am sure someone will think that is wrong, but I was sitting there, he was strapped in, he is fine and happy now :)

mommysangelface
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM

my son to be 3 month old is sleeping in his swing right now.  been in there about 20 minutes

ff-princess
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM

my colicky son, and reflux-afflicted daughter, slept in their swings for as long as they possibly could.  as soon as they started pushing up or getting close to rolling over it was time to stop. 

shajdinyak
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:32 PM
This. I believe after six months my DD got uncomfortable. Now she has just been having awful nights.

Quoting lovebeingmrs:

I let my kids sleep in the swing as long as they wanted. My son loved his swing and sometimes it's the only way to get him to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashmac03
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:33 PM

When my girls were really little (under 4 months) they would fall asleep in the swing all of the time.  Once they got a little older (around 6 months) and had more scheduled nap times I would put them in their crib.  

coupon_ash_back
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM

As long as they aren't in there all day, there's nothing wrong with letting them sleep as long as they please.

rileysmommy229
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:35 PM

as long as they want :-)

Thelmama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:37 PM

My babies had to sleep in a swing sometimes, as they had SEVERE reflux.  I didn't let it swing while they were sleeping all the time, but the propped up position helped with their reflux. They loved falling asleep in the swing. And if they were sleeping, I let them be.  My mama told me NEVER wake a sleeping baby..LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)